A family get together or potluck isn’t complete without low carb deviled eggs. And great news – these classic deviled eggs are ready in no time and keto friendly too!
Deviled eggs are one of those snacks everyone loves. When a lid comes off of a platter of tasty deviled eggs, there are always guests on hand ready to snatch them up.
Ingredients for Deviled Eggs:
- yellow mustard
- spices: salt, pepper and paprika
How to Make Low Carb Deviled Eggs
Start by hard boiling eggs. My favorite way to make hard boiled eggs is in the Instant Pot. They are SOOOOOO easy to peel when you cook them this way.
Here’s how to make eggs in the Instant Pot: Place 1 cup water in the bottom of your Instant Pot. Add the trivet and place 6 eggs on the trivet. Cover and lock the lid. Cook for 6 minutes. Perform a quick release & put in an ice bath for 5 mins.
Plunge them into an ice bath when the eggs are done, then peel. Slice eggs in half lengthwise and set aside.
Place yolks in a small to medium sized bowl and mash well using a fork to break up lumps.
Add mayo, yellow mustard, salt, and pepper to taste and mix together well.
Add the yolk filling back into the egg halves using a spoon. Or, if you’re feeling fancy, you can use a piping bag to fill the egg halves with a fancy design.
How Many Carbs in Deviled Eggs?
Even though this appetizer has been around forever, I was so happy to learn that deviled eggs are keto friendly. That’s it – no modifications even needed!
Each egg half has about 1 net carb. Keto deviled eggs are high in protein and make a great snack!
Deviled eggs will keep in the fridge for five to six days, so you can make them part of your weekly meal prep.
Note: I may use referral or affiliate links for the products I love.
Other Low Carb Recipes You’ll Love!
- Low Carb Breakfast Casserole with Bacon Broccoli and Cheddar
- Make Ahead Oven Baked Eggs Recipe
- Instant Pot Egg Bites
Classic Low Carb Deviled Eggs
- 6 eggs hardboiled
- generous 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- Slice the hard boiled eggs in half. Set aside the white halves. Place the yolks in a small to medium sized mixing bowl.
- Use a fork to mash the yolks and remove lumps. Add the mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper to the mixing bowl and mix well.
- Spoon the yolk mixture into each of the egg halves or pipe into halves.
- Sprinkle with paprika for garish.
Shared on Meal Plan Monday