Get ahead of breakfast time with this make ahead, Instant Pot Egg Bites recipe. Make these in your electric pressure cooker and you’ll save time AND money!
Let me start by saying I LOVE Starbucks sous vide egg bites. The coffee shop variety are technically cooked by a technique called sous vide.
Well, in plain speak, this means they’re gently cooked in a vacuum sealed plastic bag until they’re cooked.
Here’s how I make my egg bites in the Instant Pot.
Crack six eggs into your blender.
The blender does incorporate a bit of air which helps to keep the eggs fluffy, plus it makes sure everything is super well blended together and you’ll have a nice, yellow consistency throughout.
Add a handful of shredded cheese – about half a cup to the eggs and blend until mixed.
Stir in cooked, chopped bacon.
Hint: If you’ve made a batch of bacon in your oven and frozen it for later you’re a rockstar! Just grab the slices and chopped ’em!
Add salt & pepper.
Grease your silicone molds with some nonstick cooking spray.
Then, pour about a cup of water into your Instant Pot.
Pour the egg mixture into a silicone egg mold and add the top.
Set the manual pressure for 8 minutes, then let it NPR (naturally release the pressure for a few minutes).
Release the remaining pressure by turning the valve to vent.
The eggs will puff up slightly after cooking but no worries, they’ll settle down after they start to cool slightly.
Remove them from the pan while still warm or they tend to stick.
What are the ingredients in Starbucks recipe?
It depends which type you purchase.
Starbucks Bacon & Gruyere egg bites contain cottage cheese, eggs, Monterey Jack Cheese, unsalted butter, gruyere cheese, uncured bacon, rice starch, hot sauce and salt in the recipe.
My Instant Pot egg bites don’t contain cottage cheese but you could incorporate it if you’d like.
Just a few simple ingredients for a healthy and delicious breakfast!
How do you reheat Instant Pot egg bites?
It’s super easy to reheat these egg bites. Simply store in the refrigerator up to 7 days.
Reheat in the microwave for 30 seconds or until warm. The actual time varies based on your microwave.
Are egg bites healthy?
Yes, this egg bites recipe is healthy! They’re also gluten free and a low-carb breakfast option.
You can add veggies and make them in a variety of ways.
The recipe I included below for Instant Pot egg bites has bacon and cheese, but the options here are limitless. Think about additional ingredients like
- Spinach + Feta
- Roasted Red Peppers
- Diced green chilis + pepper-jack cheese
Other recipes you’ll love these other simple egg and breakfast recipes….
- Make Ahead Oven Baked Eggs Recipe
- Egg McMuffin Sandwiches
- Honey Butter Buttermilk Biscuit Breakfast Sandwiches
- And if you have LOTS of eggs, you’ll need this: 63 Delicious Answers to What Can You Make with Eggs?
and if you’re just getting started with your Instant Pot be sure to check out my Instant Pot video and tips for beginners!
PIN THIS FOR LATER!
Instant Pot Egg Bites with Bacon and Cheddar
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 3 slices cooked, chopped bacon
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup water (for bottom of Instant Pot)
- Pour water in the bottom of your Instant Pot. Add the metal trivet that came with your pot.
- In a blender combine eggs and cheese. Blend until thoroughly mixed. Add salt & pepper.
- Spray the inside of the silicone mold with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour into molds; add chopped bacon. Cover tightly with mold covers or foil.
- Add IP lid, set to seal and set on manual pressure for 8 minutes.
- Once cooked, allow to natural pressure release (NPR) for another 5 minutes, then vent. Remove from molds and cool slightly before enjoying.