Get ready to make mouthwatering Garlic Parmesan Pork Chops! Tender, juicy chops are infused with aromatic garlic and coated in a savory parmesan crust, making this recipe a guaranteed crowd-pleaser.
Why you'll love this recipe
- Family friendly - Parmesan crusted pork chops are a crowd-pleaser and the pairing of garlic and parmesan are a classic combo.
- Easy to prepare - Even though this recipe sounds fancy, it's easy to make. These pork chops can fit the needs of a weeknight dinner and can be fancy enough for a special occasion.
- Versatile - Garlic parmesan pork chops are versatile and can be paired with a variety of side dishes.
Just a few simple ingredients from the grocery store are all you need.
- pork chops - I'm using boneless loin pork chops in this recipe because they cook up quickly and evenly. Choose pork chops that are a consistent thickness to ensure even cooking. Other cuts you can consider are loin chops, rib chops, and shoulder chops.
- minced garlic - I used the jarred stuff, but you can certainly mince your own garlic if you like. Work those knife skills!
- dried thyme - you can use fresh thyme if you have it. Thyme's got this earthy and flowery flavor, with a touch of citrus and a hint of mint. It's basically pork's BFF.
- grated Parmesan cheese - for this recipe, use the real stuff, not the green can. It will melt just enough and has the right amount of saltiness.
See recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
This is an easy peasy pork chop recipes, so there aren't a lot of substitutions.
Cheese - instead of parmesan cheese, use Romano cheese or even mozzarella cheese.
How to make garlic parmesan pork chops
Before you start, preheat your oven to 425°F. Then you'll season both sides of your pork chops with salt and pepper.
Step 1: In a small bowl, combine garlic, Parmesan cheese, part of the olive oil and dried thyme. Stir to combine.
Step 2: Heat an oven safe skillet over medium high heat. Add remaining olive oil to the pan and add pork chops.
Cook until browned on one side, about 4 minutes.
Step 3: Turn pork chops over and spread the garlic parmesan mixture over the top of your pork chops.
Step 4: Place the pan to your preheated oven and cook until cheese is lightly toasted and pork chops are cooked through to a temperature of 145°F when checked with a meat thermometer.
Remove from the oven and let pork chops rest 5-8 minutes before serving.
Want to level up your parmesan garlic pork chops? Here are a few ideas!
Mix up the herbs: Play around with different fresh or dried herbs in the Parmesan crust. Options like thyme, rosemary, or parsley are all great pairings.
Lemon zest love: For a burst of freshness, add grated lemon zest to the Parmesan crust mixture. The citrusy notes will brighten up the flavors of the pork chops and add a tangy element to the dish.
Grilled or Smoked Chops: Instead of pan-frying, consider grilling or smoking the pork chops for a smoky and charred flavor. The garlic Parmesan crust will still add a savory element to the grilled or smoked chops, resulting in a unique and delicious twist.
See this honey Dijon pork chop recipe for another way to use those chops!
Use a meat thermometer to check if your pork chops are done. They should reach a temperature of 145°F. Contrary to what childhood may have taught you, it's okay if they're a tiny bit pink.
Back in the day, people used to cook pork until it was as tough as shoe leather. Today's pork isn't like that!
Pork chops need to be cooked to a temperature of 145°F. Use a meat thermometer to check for doneness and the juices will stay in the pork.
Also, let your pork chops rest for at least 5 minutes before serving to allow the juices to redistribute.
If you tried these garlic parmesan pork chops or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the comments.
Hungry for more? Be sure to stay in touch on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Looking for other recipes using pork? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with easy garlic parmesan pork chops:
Garlic Parmesan Pork Chops
- 3 teaspoons olive oil divided
- 4 4- ounce boneless pork chops
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Season both sides of your pork chops with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, thyme, 2 teaspoons of the olive oil, Parmesan cheese and dried thyme. Stir to combine.
- Heat an oven safe skillet over medium high heat. Add remaining olive oil to the pan and add pork chops. Cook until browned on one side, about 4 minutes.
- Turn pork chops over and spread the garlic parmesan mixture over the top of your pork chops.
- Add the pan to your preheated oven and cook for 8-10 minutes. The pork is done with cheese is lightly toasted and pork chops are cooked through to a temperature of 140-145°F when checked with a meat thermometer. Remove from the oven and let pork chops rest 5-8 minutes before serving.