We are loving this Low Carb Crustless Quiche with Bacon, Broccoli and Cheddar cheese! This quiche without crust is something our whole family enjoys!
I love quiche, but I’m also following a lower carb diet these days. Don’t get me wrong, I still love traditional breakfast casseroles, but this crust-free version is a little lighter and made with bacon AND cheese, so what’s not to love???
How to make crustless quiche with bacon
Just like it sounds, this is a regular quiche, minus the crust. Ha!
There’s no fussy crust to be made, which is one more reason to love this recipe.
Use this simple base of eggs and heavy cream (or milk) to make any combination your heart desires!
Tip: Be sure to completely blend your eggs and milk so you don’t have any egg yolk or egg white streaks in your finished quiche. Sometimes I even throw the milk and eggs into the blender to make sure everything’s incorporated. It also happens to make the quiche mixture extra fluffy!
I prefer to cook the quiche mixture in my Lodge cast iron pan. That way, I can cook the bacon in the skillet, drain the fat, and put the whole quiche into the oven.
It’s all about fewer dishes to wash at my house!!!
How to reheat quiche
Since this is a make ahead quiche, you’re gonna want to know how to reheat it, right?
Well, the good thing about this quiche is it has no crust, so it’s not going to get soggy like a normal quiche would.
It’s a no-fuss quiche!
You can make this easy egg recipe at the beginning of the week and reheat it it in the microwave all week long.
Just give it about 20-30 seconds in the microwave. You just want to reheat it until warmed, not piping hot.
Variations on this broccoli bacon quiche
- If you don’t like broccoli, leave it out of the quiche. But it does add some fiber which can keep you full!
- Substitute breakfast sausage or ham for the bacon.
- Make this quiche recipe into mini quiche muffins; they’ll reheat just the same. You can even cook egg muffins ahead of time and freeze them for later. Brilliant!
- Use whole milk instead of heavy cream.
Other low carb breakfast ideas and recipes you’ll love
- Low Carb Crustless Sausage Quiche
- Make Ahead Oven Baked Eggs Recipe
- Instant Pot Egg Bites
- Pulled Pork Lettuce Wraps
Low Carb Crustless Quiche with Bacon, Broccoli and Cheddar
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup half and half (or whole milk)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup cooked, chopped broccoli
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a cast iron skillet or other oven safe, skillet, cook bacon until crispy. Remove pan from heat. With a slotted spoon, remove cooked bacon to drain on a paper towel. Remove grease from the pan and discard or set aside for another use.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs and half and half. Add bacon, broccoli and shredded cheddar cheese. Stir to combine. Add egg mixture to skillet.
- Cook in the oven for 45 minutes or until eggs in the center are set. (If it appears to be browning too quickly, cover with foil.
- Allow to cool slightly before cutting into wedges to serve.
To Make as a Freezer Meal
- Cook bacon and drain. Allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs and half and half. Add bacon, broccoli and shredded cheddar cheese. Stir to combine.
- Place bacon and egg mixture in a gallon sided ziplock bag. Seal tightly (you may want to double bag). Be sure to label!
- Place flat in the freezer until ready to thaw and cook
To Cook from a Freezer Meal
- Thaw in the refrigerator 12-24 hours. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Add thawed egg mixture to an oven proof skillet and cook for 45 minutes or until eggs in the center are set.