This Honey Mustard Chicken Grilled Chicken breast recipe is a household favorite! Chicken marinates in a flavorful sauce and yields succulent chicken breasts perfect for sandwiches or topping a salad.
I know my farm friends are always looking for on the go meals, so you're gonna love this recipe.
Options are limitless. Make this chicken and serve on a roll to your favorite farmer. Eating at home? Chop tender, cooked chicken up and serve it over a salad.
No matter how you make it, just make it!
One of the reasons I love cooking with chicken is it's so diverse. It takes on flavors beautifully in this recipe, too.
The honey mustard sauce reminds me of the chicken nugget sauce at Wendy's. I told our teenage daughter that and she looked at me like I was from another planet.
You decide and let me know.
How to make honey mustard grilled chicken breasts
Because boneless chicken breasts seem to be sporting DD's these days, I like slicing my chicken breasts in half horizontally before cooking. This keeps the chicken tender and eliminates the drying out that can happen with big cuts of meat. It also keeps the portion size in check!
Ideas to mix up honey mustard grilled chicken
- use boneless chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts
- no Dijon mustard in your fridge? Substitute the same amount of plain old yellow mustard
- serve grilled chicken on a brioche roll or burger bun
- substitute it on a chicken bacon ranch wrap
What to serve with grilled honey mustard chicken
Serve your honey mustard chicken on a bun, or topping a salad. Great sides are Mediterranean roasted veggies, grilled sweet potato wedges or rice.
Or maybe a side salad like Greek lemon orzo salad or marinated green bean salad. You choose.
This easy recipe is also great as a freezer, or make ahead meal. Just give the chicken and honey mustard a mix in a gallon sized ziplock bag and refrigerate or freeze your marinaded chicken for later.
More grilling recipes you'll love:
Join my community to learn even more family and farmer approved recipes and tips!!
Honey Mustard Grilled Chicken
This Honey Mustard Chicken Grilled Chicken is a family favorite! Chicken marinates in a flavorful sauce and make chicken perfect for sandwiches salad.
- 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
TO MAKE FRESH
- Mix together mayonnaise, mustard, honey, and apple cider vinegar in a medium sized bowl.
- Add chicken to marinade, toss to coat. Allow to marinade 2-4 hours or overnight.
- Grill over medium high heat until chicken is cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
TO MAKE AS A FREEZER MEAL
- In a labeled gallon sized ziplock bag, combine mayonnaise, mustard, honey, and apple cider vinegar. Mix in the bag to combine. Add chicken to marinade. Lay flat to freeze and remove any extra air before freezing.
TO COOK FROM A FREEZER MEAL
- Thaw and cook as above.
Ideas to mix things up:
Make this honey mustard grilled chicken as a salad topping or a tender chicken sandwich.
Change the chicken breasts our for pork tenderloin, cut into medallions
Cut thick chicken breasts into two pieces by cutting half horizontally to reduce cooking time and more evenly cook without drying out.
No Dijon? Use yellow mustard!
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 270Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 307mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 24g
you have great contents and amazing pictures. It was fun reading your contents thanks for sharing this wonderful information. Join us at Living Faith Bible Church 2019 Shiloh Breaking Limits this year. You can live stream from their official website or from you tube.
We LOVE this recipe! Making bulk because it's my husband's favorite freezer meal!