Juicy, tender chicken and crispy bacon is drizzled with ranch dressing in these tasty Chicken Bacon Ranch Wraps! This is an easy meal to pack for lunches or make as a casual, no-fuss dinner option!
Made with just a few ingredients (and very little prep time needed), this light lunch or dinner option is sure to become your next go-to meal! If there's one recipe you should learn how to make, it's this one.
Winner, winner, easy chicken dinner!
Why you'll love these chicken wraps
This recipe uses grilled or sauteed chicken breasts, along with a little green in the way of lettuce or spinach, your choice.
A healthy yet respectable amount of bacon joins the party, which is always a good thing, don't you agree? The whole party is rolled up in a tortilla, then lightly grilled in a pan.
Heck, you can use a whole grain tortilla or a gluten free tortilla to make this sandwich exactly what you need it to be. This sandwich has something for everyone.
FARM GIRL FACT:
I should probably warn you, this recipe can inspire communication from 200 miles away.
Yep, that's right, there was love for this chicken wrap all the way from the dorms at University of Illinois.
I shared a snapshot of this chicken wrap recipe to my Instagram stories and an hour later I got a message from our college freshman. She wasn't calling to ask for money (phew!). Instead, she asked to have these for dinner over Christmas break.
From there she did what any Gen Z kid would do and shopped my Instagram feed, then sent me a wish list of foods she wanted to eat over her break.
Hungry college students make the best recipe testers because they are starved for home cooked food. I basically fed her new recipes the entire break and today, I'm sharing one with you!
What are chicken bacon ranch wraps?
Don't let the name fool you, friends...It may sound like a greasy, fried snack, but chicken bacon wraps are actually one of the healthiest and tastiest lunches around.
Yes, chicken bacon wraps are on the KFC menu. And yes, it's a fast food joint.
Theirs is a warm tortilla wrap with grilled chicken and bacon and lettuce, tomatoes, cheese spread and ranch sauce. The wrap is usually served with a bag of chips or fries.
Mine can come with a bag of chips if you want, too. Just pack it in your cold lunch, wink wink....
While fast food chicken wraps can get a bad rap (see what I did there??!?), today we're making these chicken wraps healthier without sacrificing any of their delicious flavor.
Chicken bacon wrap ingredients
All we need to make this tasty recipe are a few simple ingredients!
- Cooked and crumbled bacon
- Chicken tenders - boneless, skinless chicken breasts can be used as well. Cut them into strips before adding the seasonings
- ranch dressing or homemade ranch dressing. Use leftover ranch dressing to make chicken bacon ranch pasta salad.
- lettuce leaves - or baby spinach tastes nice, too!
- large flour tortillas
- ranch seasonings - you have them in your pantry. You'll need dried dill, dried parsley, garlic powder, onion, powder and salt
- olive oil
How to make these tasty wraps
Chicken and bacon are a match made in heaven, and when you put them together on a wrap it is just pure bliss!
Step 1: Make the spice blend. Easy peasy, just mix the olive oil and spices and let the chicken hang out in the fridge, coated in the mixture. We're making flavor here!
Step 2: Cook the chicken tenders. You can bake, grill or cook the chicken in a skillet.
Step 3: Make the wraps. I'll spare you the "rap" joke I was dying to make right here. Lay out the tortillas, then top with lettuce, cooked chicken, bacon and ranch dressing.
Roll them, burrito style, and then give them a quick sear on a grill pan or skillet.
Recipe short cuts
You can use this with any cooked chicken breast recipe. Honey mustard grilled chicken would be amazing!
Use my make ahead oven baked bacon recipe. If you've been following me for a minute, you know I recommend keeping cooked bacon in your freezer!
Use rotisserie chicken from the deli or your own Instant Pot Roasted Chicken
Tips to make this easy chicken wrap recipe your own
- Want a cheesy chicken bacon wrap? Add some shredded cheddar cheese or Monterey Jack. Hit it with some pepperjack if you're feelin' sassy!
- Add blue cheese for a little bit of tang
- Go low carb with a low carb tortilla or wrap in a lettuce cup
- Swap out the ranch for some Chipotle Mayonnaise instead
Chicken Wrap Meal Prep
You can easily make batches of the ranch chicken and spice blend. Store in freezer bags in the freezer until you're ready to make them. Thaw, and cook as instructed in the recipe card below.
What to serve with chicken wraps
Make ahead chicken bacon wraps
Make these ahead of time and store leftover wraps in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They're great as a simple packed lunch recipe.
More easy lunch recipes
Other easy chicken recipes
If you make these chicken bacon ranch wraps, leave a recipe review or comment below. I'd love to hear from you!
Chicken Bacon Ranch Wraps
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1.5 pounds chicken tenders about 8 tenders
- 8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- ¼ cup ranch dressing
- 4 lettuce leaves of your choice
- 4 large flour tortillas
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil and dried spices. Stir to combine.
- Place chicken pieces in a dish or a gallon sized freezer bag. Add the marinade and coat the chicken. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes.
- Heat a skillet or grill over medium high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and cook until the chicken is done and registers a temperature of 165°F when measured with a meat thermometer. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Lay the tortillas out flat. Lay down a lettuce leaf on each. Add 2 cooked chicken tenders to each tortilla. Add pieces of bacon, then drizzle each with a tablespoon of ranch dressing.
- Roll the wraps by tucking in the sides to roll them like a burrito.
- Grab a heavy duty pan (you can use the same one you cooked with) and heat it to medium. Place the wraps on the heated pan for 1-2 minutes. The heat will help seal the seam and leave nice grill marks! Cook until the tortilla is a nice golden and toasty color.