This Greek Yogurt Fruit Dip is a healthy and delicious snack or dessert! With only 3 ingredients, it’s easy to make, tasty, and good for you!
The Greek yogurt provides protein and the fruit provides the fiber. It’s an all around recipe win.
You and your family will love this fruit dip recipe, friends!
Summertime is just around the corner and while you’re probably thinking about warm weather and chillin’ at the pool, my mind is fast forwarding to hungry kids who’ll be circling my kitchen island on repeat.
Total Sharknados. In the midwest. And they are hungry little beasts.
During the summer our kiddos are always eating. Trips to the grocery store are no joke come June and July. They are growing and eating and they need serious food.
That’s exactly where the inspiration for this easy fruit dip with yogurt came from! It’s healthy, it’s super easy to make, and it’s a healthy snack they can munch on during the day!
Instead, this creamy dip only needs 3 ingredients and just a few minutes of prep. It’s also great a great school snack for packed lunches.
No mom guilt with this one!
Simple Ingredients in this healthy fruit dip
This is so easy I could almost cry tears of sweet relief. Ready for this??!?
- Greek yogurt – I use plain, full-fat Greek yogurt because we’re adding our own sweetener. You could also use regular plain yogurt.
- honey – nature’s sweetness
- ground cinnamon – if you have cinnamon sticks in your spice pantry, this is the perfect time to get out your microplane to grate some cinnamon. The extra oils from grating it yourself are amazing! Otherwise, there’s no shame in regular ground cinnamon.
See the recipe card below for full quantities of everything.
How to make fruit dip
Step 1: Combine the yogurt, honey and cinnamon in a bowl. It should be a little larger than your serving bowl so you have room to mix your ingredients.
Step 2: Cover it and chill the dip in the refrigerator until you’re ready to devour.
Wash up some fresh fruit and you’re good to go!
Turn this fruip dip into a fruit platter
Here are some fun additions to turn this easy recipe into a full fledged fruit tray!
- graham crackers
- your favorite fruit – strawberries, raspberries, apple slices or blueberries
- mini chocolate chips for topping
- banana slices on toothpicks
What’s the difference between plain Greek yogurt and plain yogurt?
There are many differences between greek yogurt and regular yogurt, the most obvious of which being their texture and consistency.
Greek yogurt is thicker and more dense than traditional yogurt, as it is made by straining out much of the whey. This gives it a richer, creamier flavor that is perfect for this creamy fruit dip, or adding to smoothies. Yum!
Another major difference between Greek yogurt and regular yogurt is their nutritional content. While both varieties are high in protein, calcium, and probiotics, Greek yogurt tends to have higher levels of each nutrient, which is why I’m using it in this healthy recipe.
So there you go! Now you know why they’re labeled differently at the grocery store.
Because there are only 3 ingredients, there aren’t many substitutions needed! But of course, I still have some ideas for you!
- Switch out the honey for pure maple syrup or even a small portion of monk fruit sweetener.
- Change up yogurt flavors: Vary the kind of yogurt you use. Strawberry yogurt or lemon yogurt are delicious. If you go with yogurt, you could even add some lemon zest or lemon extract for that extra lemon taste.
- Add a sprinkling of mini chocolate chips to entice picky eaters.
- This is the best dip to pair with some fruit kabobs. It’s like a rainbow on a stick!
- And of course, it’s perfection for fruit platter dipping.
- Add a little bit of vanilla extract for a stronger flavor.
- Get fancy – garnish with sprigs of fresh mint.
Can I make this fruit dip ahead of time?
Absolutely! In fact, it gives the flavors a bit of time to blend. Just cover it and store in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve.
How do I store leftovers?
Store your Greek yogurt fruit dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
How long will my yogurt fruit dip keep?
The fruit dip will hold for several days if refrigerated and up to a week. Part of how long it will last depends on the expiration date of your yogurt container.
Also, if you’re snacking on this dip throughout the week, use a spoon to remove dip from the main container. Transfer your snacking portion to an individual plate. This will keep the dip fresh longer!
- 1 cup plain, full-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Prepare yogurt dip by combining all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Serve with fruit for dipping.
Serve with your favorite fresh fruit like green grapes, pineapple, strawberries, kiwi, apple slices.
Store leftovers covered in the fridge for up to a week
MAKE AHEAD: You can make this dip ahead of time to allow the flavors to blend.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 89Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 20mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 5g