Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal is an easy meal to start overnight in the crockpot. Come morning, you’ll have a hearty and healthy breakfast ready to go!
I love this healthy slow cooker oatmeal, especially in the fall and winter seasons.
Healthy Slow Cooker Apple Oatmeal
As you may have noticed, I am NOT a morning person.
What I love about this crockpot oatmeal is that it takes me 15 minutes to start this in the slow cooker before I head to bed.
In the morning, when I’m all warm warm and cozy under the covers, the smells of apple pie with savory cinnamon and nutmeg and the crisp scent of apple make me ditch the duvet and head for the kitchen.
This healthy slow cooker oatmeal is hearty enough to fill the hungriest of bellies, including our kiddos, and is healthy and delicious to boot!
Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Ingredients
- Steel cut oats – these are groats, or pieces, of whole oats which have been chopped into two or three tiny pieces.
- Apple cider – apple cider is wonderful when it’s in season. Apple juice can be substituted as well.
- Honey – for a touch of sweetness
- Apple Pie Seasonings – cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice
- Salt – a touch of salt makes a big difference in this recipe
- Apple – a great way to add texture to the cooked oatmeal
- Chopped pecans – for some crunch
- Real maple syrup
How to Make Crockpot Baked Oatmeal
This healthy slow cooker apple oatmeal is perfect for busy mornings here on the farm. It has the flavors reminiscent of apple pie and can be started the night before.
Step 1: Grease your slow cooker or use a crock pot liner.
Step 2: Add oatmeal ingredients to your slow cooker
- Add oats, water, cider, apples, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and salt.
- Stir to combine.
Step 3: Get cooking
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Actual cooking time will vary depending on your slow cooker, so check for doneness after 5 hours and adjust cooking time accordingly.
To serve, allow to cool slightly before spooning into bowls and topping with fresh chopped apples, pecans, and some real maple syrup, if desired.
Tips for Making Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
This recipe uses steel cut oats and for once, I’m telling you to follow this recipe to the letter. Don’t try to substitute other forms of oats – this recipe truly uses steel cut oats only!
It very important to either use a disposable slow cooker liner or heavily grease the sides of your slow cooker crock before preparing this recipe. If you skip this step, the oats will stick to the sides and will be very difficult to remove.
We love this crockpot oatmeal, and I’m sure slow cooker apple cinnamon oatmeal will be a winner at your house, too!
Made with love,
Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- Slow Cooker
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 3 cups water
- 1 cups apple cider
- 2 medium apples cored and diced
- 1.5 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- ½ tsp salt to taste
- 1 medium apple cored and diced
- ½ cup pecans chopped
- Real maple syrup
- Add oats, water, cider, apples, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and salt to greased or lined slow cooker crock and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Actual cooking time will vary depending on your slow cooker, so check for doneness after 5 hours and adjust cooking time accordingly.
- To serve, allow to cool slightly before spooning into bowls and topping with fresh chopped apples, pecans, and some real maple syrup, if desired.
Other Make Ahead Breakfast Recipes:
This Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you make a purchase, I will receive part of the sale as a commission. This helps me continue to bring you fresh recipes and inspiration from our farm!