A classic holiday recipe, no bake bourbon balls are an easy recipe to make during the holiday season. I'll let you in on a little secret, too.
Crushed vanilla wafers are the secret to this bourbon ball recipe you'll want to include on every holiday cookie tray for gift giving.
But let's be honest, I'm not from the deep south. I'm from Northern Illinois. So here's how this southern candy recipe came to reside in this farm girl's recipe box...
BOURBON BALLS RECIPE
Our neighbor, Helen, would make a batch of this classic Southern recipe every holiday season and I venture to say, the moms in the neighborhood looked forward to this occasion.
HOW TO MAKE THE BOURBON BALLS
- since these are no bake bourbon balls, really all we need to do to start out is gather our simple ingredients - vanilla wafers, semi-sweet chocolate morsels, corn syrup, pecans, .... and of course, bourbon!.
DO BOURBON BALLS HAVE ALCOHOL
Ummmm, yes. That's kind of the whole reason behind this southern candy recipe. You're gonna want to save these for the adult cookie tray around the holidays.
these can be refrigerated for a while, or frozen for later
- dust generously with powdered sugar as the bourbon balls will soak it up
- keep away from kids
- make in advance
- roll in powdered sugar again before serving
- store in an air tight container
If you're out of bourbon, don't freak out! You'll love these Coconut Rum Balls, too!!
Other holiday recipes you'll love
More No Bake Desserts
- Oreo Truffle Recipe
- Chocolate Hazelnut Balls
- No Bake Cheesecake Parfaits
- How to Make Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Old Fashioned Chocolate Pie
No Bake Bourbon Balls Recipe
A classic holiday recipe, no bake bourbon balls are an easy recipe to make during the holiday season.
- 6 oz semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 3 tablespoon white corn syrup
- ½ cup bourbon
- 2.5 cups crushed vanilla wafers
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler. (Or, microwave in small increments, stirring each time, until just melted). Remove from heat.
- Add syrup and bourbon. Stir well. In a separate bowl, combine wafers, sugar & nuts. Mix well into chocolate. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Roll into 1-inch balls. Coat with powdered sugar.
- Store in a tightly covered container.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 103Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 32mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 1g
As seen on Weekend Potluck and Meal Plan Monday
Wow, these sound amazing! Do you think it would work with home made caramel instead of the corn syrup?
Hmmm, I'm not sure if the caramel would harden, Sara. If you try it let me know!
Laura J Rongholt
These were a super hit. They couldn't keep away from them. There were many Mmmmms! These will be a new family tradition!
Do you crush or put pecans and vanilla wafers in a Cuisinart first?
You could crush the nuts and vanilla wafers in the food processor or do it with a rolling pin. Your choice!