These Mini Brownie Bites will satisfy your sweet tooth the next time you're in the mood for a delicious dessert! These bites are prefect for the folks that love the crispy edges (me) AND the warm soft center.
Why you'll love this recipe
- Kid Friendly: Let's be honest. What kid doesn't like bite sized desserts? With this dessert being small, it's easy for little ones to hold, and they won't get full halfway through dessert! This recipe is also perfect for a quick, on-the-go dessert that you can pop in your mouth.
- Classic Flavor: Anything brownie related is a classic and will go over very well! Brownies are the perfect mixture of rich, indulgent, chocolatey taste. Because mini chocolate brownies are so rich, it's great that these are small portions!
- Multi-Purpose: These homemade brownie bites are perfect for parties, gatherings, a little snack, or gifting to friends and family to show your appreciation.
These ingredients are fairly simple, and you will probably have most of them on hand.
- cocoa powder: Brownies are alllll about the chocolate! Cocoa powder is a traditional ingredient that helps increase the chocolate flavor.
- butter: Use unsalted butter for best results. Butter helps the mixture come together and stay moist.
- espresso powder: Espresso powder is optional, but it will amplify the deep, rich flavor! You can use the leftover powder in my soft pumpkin cookies.
- chocolate chips: Chocolate chips are a staple in many desserts (like my peanut butter chocolate scotcharoo bars), and the same is true with these brownie bites. This recipe calls for semi-sweet chocolate chips, but if you like another kind, I won't tell anyone!
- flour: Serves as the thickening agent, bringing all the deliciousness together!
See recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
In my house, it seems like every time I go to make a dessert, all of the eggs have disappeared! If this is the case with you, you can use about ¼ cup of applesauce per egg.
You can easily swap out the vanilla extract for other extracts you may have on hand such as peppermint (great for the holidays!) or almond.
How to make Mini Brownie Bites
Before you start, preheat your oven to 325°F. Butter a mini muffin tin or prepare with mini cupcake liners and set aside.
Step #1: Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. When butter is melted, add cocoa powder, espresso powder, and brown sugar.
Whisk together until smooth.
Remove the pan from heat and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes.
Step #2: In my previous step, I instructed to let the mixture cool at least five minutes. This is important because we're adding egg, and we don't want to scramble it!
Next, whisk in the egg, egg yolk and vanilla.
Step #3: Slowly incorporate the flour and salt with a silicone spatula.
Step #4: After flour is incorporated, fold in the chocolate chips.
Step #5: Use a cookie scoop fill each mini muffin pan with equal amounts of brownie batter.
Step #6: Bake for 10-12 minutes until set. Allow to cool in muffin pan for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.
Let cool completely before serving.
Hint: Be sure not to overbake! You can be sure that the brownies are cooked all the way by taking a toothpick and sticking it in the middle of a brownie bite.
If it comes out clean, with no batter on it, then they are fully cooked! If it comes out with batter on it, let it cook for a few more minutes.
If you want a bit of crunch in your brownie bites, add in chopped nuts to the batter. Nuts that would work well are walnuts, almonds, pecans or peanuts.
Add in dried fruit such as cranberries, apricots, coconut flakes or cherries for a burst of sweet flavor and some nutritional value.
Play around with the mix-ins! Don't be afraid to experiment. Some suggestions are mint, caramel, peanut butter, Oreos, white chocolate chips and pretzels.
These brownies will last in an air-tight container for 3-4 days, if you can make them last that long!
It is really important that you let the butter, cocoa powder, brown sugar and espresso powder mixture sit for 5 minutes before you add the eggs, otherwise the eggs will scramble when they mix with the warm mixture.
Make sure you don't overbeat or overmix when preparing. Also, cook long enough to ensure that everything has time to rise.
Yes! Allow the brownie bites to cool for at least five minutes before you try moving them. Otherwise, they may lose their shape!
If you tried Mini Brownie Bites or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the comments. Hungry for more? Be sure to stay in touch on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Looking for other dessert recipes? Try these:
Mini Brownie Bites
- ½ cup plus 3 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon espresso powder *optional but adds a deeper flavor
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- * optional - sprinkles and extra melted chocolate chips for drizzling.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Butter a mini muffin pan or prepare with mini cupcake liners and set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. When butter is melted, add cocoa powder, espresso powder, and brown sugar.
- Whisk together until smooth. Remove the pan from heat and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes.
- Whisk in the egg, egg yolk and vanilla. Slowly incorporate the flour and salt with a silicone spatula.After flour is incorporated, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop fill each mini muffin pan with equal amounts of batter.Bake for 10-12 minutes until set. Do not overbake. Allow to cool in muffin pan for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.
- Serve warm or allow them to cool and garnish with sprinkles or more melted chocolate.
melt and you will lose the added layer of texture. Properly grease your muffin pan or line with cupcake wrappers so that it is easy to
remove the bites. Storage: These brownies will last at room temperature in an airtight container for 3-4 days.