Amaretto Chocolate Chip Cookies are filled with the tastes of chocolate chips, coconut, and almonds. This amaretto cookies recipe is a new favorite here!
These amaretto cookies aren’t any harder to make than regular chocolate chip cookies. And the flavors are out of this world.
Biting into these cookies exceed every expectation. They look like regular cookies but then the taste of almond, coconut and chocolate give your taste buds a treat!
How to Make Amaretto Chocolate Chip Cookies
Preheat your oven before you get started so it’s ready and waiting for you.
First, you’ll cream the butter and sugars, just like most cookie recipes.
Okay, wait – let me back up for a second. Before you preheat the oven, make sure there are no pans hanging out in your oven for extra storage.
I say this as a woman who recently melted the top of the brownie container that was stashed for safekeeping in my oven.
Okay, back at it….
Add the eggs, amaretto and almond extract mix well.
Then, sift the dry ingredients together. Add to the mixer on low speed – you know, so you don’t send flour all over the kitchen.
Finally, you’ll add the chocolate chips, shredded coconut and slivered almonds. I like to use a sturdy wooden spoon to mix these in.
Use a cookie scoop to drop the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake the cookies until the edges just start to turn golden brown. Let cool on a wire rack.
Then, be sure to taste test while the chocolate is still ooey gooey and the coconut flakes melt in your mouth.
Does amaretto have alcohol?
Yes, amaretto is a sweet Italian liqueur that contains alcohol. If that’s not your thing, you can make these amaretto chocolate cookies without liqueur.
In fact, the batch I made to photograph for this post has no amaretto in it. If that’s your thing just omit the amaretto and add an additional teaspoon of almond extract!
Other cookie recipes:
Note: I may use referral or affiliate links for the products I love.
Amaretto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp amaretto optional
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixer, mix the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well combined and creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time and mix. Add the amaretto and almond extract and beat well, stopping to scrape down the sides with a spatula.
- In a medium sized bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add the sifting dry ingredients, a little at a time when mixing on low speed until blended.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in chocolate chips, coconut and almonds and mix until incorporated.
- Using a large cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop the dough by heaping tablespoons onto an un-greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges turn golden brown.
- Let cool for a minute or two and then place on a wire rack to cool.