Hawaiian Roll Roast Beef Sliders are perfect for the Super Bowl, game day parties, pot lucks, and of course, for field meals! Simply made, these hearty roast beef and melty cheese sandwiches are always a hit!
Good food makes for happy people! I love serving these sliders with some air fryer bacon wrapped asparagus.
- Hawaiian Sweet Rolls or Slider Buns
- Shaved Deli roast beef - use the leftovers to make some cheesesteak sliders
- Provolone cheese - I used provolone cheese in these sliders but you can easily switch it out with cheddar cheese or Swiss cheese depending on your preferences.
- Dijon mustard
- Onion powder
- Worcestershire sauce
- Poppy seeds - alternatively you could use sesame seeds
If you want to make the horseradish mayo - and I think you do - you'll also need mayo, lemon juice, horseradish sauce and garlic powder.
How to make roast beef sliders
Make the horseradish mayo by combining mayonnaise, prepared horseradish, lemon juice and garlic.
Leave the individual rolls in tact and cut the entire loaf of rolls across horizontally. Place onto a rimmed baking sheet or casserole dish.
Spread a thin layer of the mayo sauce on the bottom half on the rolls.
Layer the roast beef slices on the bottom half and top with the sliced cheese.
Melt the butter. In a small bowl, combine butter, dijon mustard, onion powder and Worcestershire sauce.
Pour the melted butter mixture over the tops of the rolls.
Sprinkle with poppy seeds and cover.
Set the oven to 350°F. When the oven is heated, bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove foil and cook for another 2-3 minutes until the tops are slightly golden brown.
Slice into individual sliders using a serrated knife.
What to serve with roast beef sliders
More game day food recipes
If you make this roast beef slider recipe, leave a recipe rating or comment below. I'd love to hear from you!
Hawaiian Roll Roast Beef Sliders
- 1 pound deli sliced roast beef
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 1 package King's Hawaiian Rolls or similar slider buns
- 1 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
For the horseradish mayo
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Make the horseradish mayo. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, prepared horseradish, lemon juice and garlic. Stir to blend and set aside.
- Prepare the rolls. Cut the entire package of rolls in half horizontally (do not slice into individual rolls). Place the bottom portion of the buns on a foil covered baking sheet.
- Spread a thin layer of the mayo sauce on the bottom half on the rolls.
- Layer the roast beef slices and cheese slices on the bottom half of the rolls. Replace the top of the rolls.
- Prepare the topping: In a medium bowl, whisk together dijon mustard, melted butter, onion powder and Worcestershire sauce. Pour the sauce over the rolls, just covering the tops. Sprinkle with poppy seeds. Cover with foil.
- Heat the oven to 350° (there's a reason I don't preheat the oven. This gives the topping to have time to soak in.) When the oven is heated, bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove foil and cook for another 2-3 minutes until the tops are slightly golden brown.
- Slice into individual sliders using a serrated knife.