You've been asking for cold lunch ideas and foods that can be packed and taken for work. I realize not everyone has a microwave at their fingertips!
I've rounded up 54 of the best cold lunch ideas, no heat required! If you need ideas for easy lunches to take to work, then read on!
This resource has a ton of ideas ranging from salads in mason jars to wraps and low carb cold lunches and pinwheel sandwiches.
Even better, you can make a batch of these as part of your weekly meal prep and be set for the week!
You may have seen my Ultimate Guide to Easy Sandwiches because let's face it, sandwiches are a part of life. But with so many cold lunch ideas, you don't need to have a boring old sandwich every day for lunch!
These are perfect for farmers and those who work in agriculture who don't have an office to heat their lunch and a plain old lunch bag just won't cut it. But these cold lunch ideas are awesome for workers on the go whether it's working in construction, driving a truck, or even for students who want to catch a quick bite between classes.
My goal here is to give you some ideas that are somewhat healthy and easy to prepare.
But before we get started, let's talk about how to set up cold lunch success!
Recommended tools for packed lunches
Heated lunch boxes are awesome for those days you want something warm. I have one of these (thanks, Mom) and it actually DOES work!
For other days, cold lunch will have to do!
A tiny lunchbox won't do, especially if you're on the road all day! I recommend this lunch box because it's big enough for a meal plus drinks and snacks for later!
Okay, now let's talk about the lunch ideas. Like I said, this resource has a ton of ideas ranging from mason jar salads to wraps, noodle dishes to low carb cold lunches.
For anything involving salads, you'll want to keep salad dressings in separate containers
Ladies who have been asking for easy lunch ideas for their husband, here you GO!!!!!!
Free Cheatsheet: Download my free guide with 101+ recipes and ideas for meals on the go (complete with links and categories!)
Cold Lunch Ideas for Work
- Mediterranean Chopped Salad - This salad tastes amazing at room temperature and because there's no lettuce in this salad, it won't wilt - This Farm Girl Cooks
- Chick-Fil-a Chicken Salad Recipe - Mom Foodie
- Spinach Salad with Root Vegetables - This Farm Girl Cooks
- Greek Pasta Salad - Hungry Healthy Happy
- Turkey Ranch Wraps - Garnish and Glaze
- Chicken Taco Mason Jar Salads - The Seasoned Mom
- Cucumber Subs - Wholesome Yum
- Broccoli Cheddar Quinoa Bars - Served From Scratch
- Lean Chicken Meatloaf Muffins - Haute and Healthy Living
- Rainbow Couscous And Tzatziki Chicken - Zested Lemon
- Meal Prep Taco Salad Lunch Bowls - Kristine's Kitchen Blog
- Asparagus and Green Bean Salad - This Farm Girl Cooks
- Creamy Vegetarian Black Bean Taquitos - Backyard Bohemian
- Cold Noodles In Peanut Sauce - The Cozy Cook
- Strawberry Salad with Cherries & Blueberries - Tasty Galaxy
- Make Ahead Chia Breakfast Pudding - This Farm Girl Cooks
- Cranberry Pecan Chickpea Salad Sandwich - Peas & Crayons
- Mediterranean Chickpea Salad with Lemon-Herb Vinaigrette - Big Flavors Tiny Kitchen
- Cobb Salad Wraps - Living Well Kitchen
- Easy Banana Bread Muffins - This Farm Girl Cooks
- Zucchini Muffins with Goat Cheese - The Foodie Journey
- Arugula, Watermelon & Feta Salad - This Farm Girl Cooks
- Lemony Pasta Salad with Artichokes and Chickpeas - I Am A Honeybee
- Pizza Stuffed Crescent Rolls - Adventures of B2
- Bell Pepper Nachos - Momables
- Mason Jar Chicken Taco Salad - Neighbor Food Blog
More Packed Lunch Ideas...
- Strawberry Chicken Pinwheel Sandwiches - Simple Seasonal
- Mediterranean Bean Salad - The View From Great Island
- Quick Pizza Dippers - Finding Zest
- Healthy Zucchini Slice - Cook It Real Good
- Cucumber and Cream Cheese Sandwich Rolls - Christina's Cucina
- Cold Spinach Pasta Salad - Carmy
- Individual Lasagna Cups - This Farm Girl Cooks
- Chicken Hummus Naan Wraps - The Rising Spoon
- Super Easy Ham Roll Ups - Longbourn Farm
- Turkey & Pesto Panini - This Farm Girl Cooks
- Southwest Turkey Wraps - Thrifty Jinxy
- Easy Turkey Pinwheels Meal Prep - Project Meal Plan
- Pepperoni Rolls - Dancing Through the Rain
- Italian Farro Salad - This Farm Girl Cooks
- Granola Crunch Apple-Peanut Butter Sandwich Wraps - Two Healthy Kitchens
- Easy Chicken Pepperoni Pasta Salad - Carmy
- Make Ahead Baked Eggs - This Farm Girl Cooks
- Italian Tuna Salad Recipe – Keto Lunch Idea - Mom Foodie
- Easy Chickpea Thai Quinoa Salad With Peanut Dressing - V Nutrition and Wellness
- The 5 Minute Turkey Club Ranch Wrap - Food Meanderings
- Mediterranean White Bean, Tomato And Tuna Salad - The Clever Meal
- Mayo Free Potato Salad with Bacon - This Farm Girl Cooks
- Chicken Avocado BLT Wrap - This Farm Girl Cooks
- Parmesan Bacon Chicken Salad - India from Indiana
- Honey Biscuit Ham Sandwiches - This Farm Girl Cooks
- Healthy Broccoli Slaw Recipe - This Farm Girl Cooks
- Asian Cabbage Slaw - This Farm Girl Cooks
- Roast Beef Rollups with Creamy Horseradish Sauce
- Pesto Pasta Salad with Chicken - This Farm Girl Cooks
- Turkey Cranberry Rollups - Use leftover turkey or deli meat from the grocery store for this tasty wrap from This Farm Girl Cooks
- Blueberry Baked Oatmeal Bars - This Farm Girl Cooks
- Mexican Chopped Salad - This Farm Girl Cooks
- Whipped Feta Dip - This Farm Girl Cooks
- Pumpkin Protein Bites - This Farm Girl Cooks
Summer Corn Salad - This Farm Girl Cooks
Chicken Bacon Ranch Sliders - This Farm Girl Cooks
The next two chicken salad recipes are a great way to use rotisserie chicken as a short cut!
- Greek Chicken Salad Wraps - This Farm Girl Cooks
- Cranberry Walnut Chicken Salad - This Farm Girl Cooks
- Low Carb Deviled Eggs - This Farm Girl Cooks
- Harvest Coleslaw with Apples - This Farm Girl Cooks
- Healthy Oatmeal Bites - This Farm Girl Cooks
- Keto Chicken Salad Cups - This Farm Girl Cooks
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Wraps - This Farm Girl Cooks
- Egg Salad - This Farm Girl Cooks
- Tuna Salad with Eggs - This Farm Girl Cooks
Greek Lemon Orzo Salad - serve as a meatless option or add some grilled chicken or leftover pork chops on the side.
Taco Pasta Salad - This Farm Girl Cooks
Butternut Squash Quinoa Salad - This Farm Girl Cooks
Caprese Orzo Salad with Pesto - This Farm Girl Cooks
I hope you enjoyed these cold lunch recipes!