Made with creamy coconut milk, zesty lime and spicy ginger, Thai Coconut Lime Chicken is a taste of the tropics without ever leaving your home!
I'm not a super adventurous eater. You could say I'm pretty much a chicken, pork and beef kind of gal.
So when I made this tropical infused chicken for the family, they really thought I stepped outside my comfort zone!
And what's not to love about this easy chicken dish? It's full of light and healthy flavors, it's simple to prepare and can be made as a freezer meal recipe.
Now, before we get started, I've heard that the Cheesecake Factory has a Thai coconut lime chicken recipe, too.
I'm not claiming that this is a copycat, so be aware - if you've had that dish in their restaurant I'm not trying to recreate it.
In fact, I happened to stumble upon that particular dish's nutritional info. Their recipe came in at over 1800 calories per serving (gulp!) and 103 grams of fat.
This version of Thai coconut lime chicken is healthier at around 300 calories and 22 grams of fat.
Gather your ingredients first. Here's what we need:
- 2 limes
- minced garlic
- olive oil
- unsweetened coconut milk (often found in the Asian section)
- spices - ground ginger, dried parsley, salt & pepper
- boneless skinless chicken breasts (boneless skinless chicken thighs would be delicious!)
How to Make Thai Coconut Lime Chicken
It's super easy to make this coconut lime chicken. Give your coconut milk a good shake as it tends to separate in the can.
The coconut milk imparts a subtle coconut flavor, so even if you're not nuts for coconut, you'll still enjoy this dish!
Combine all the ingredients and let it marinate!
Tips for Coconut Lime Chicken
- I recommend using full fat coconut milk. The coconut cream may have floated to the top; just add the whole can and you'll be good to go!
- Change up your protein. Substitute pork or even shrimp. Or, make Thai coconut lime chicken drumsticks to switch things up.
- If you want a little heat, you can add red pepper flakes to your marinade.
- To make as a freezer meal, combine ingredients in a gallon sized freezer bag. Label (always!), remove excess air and freeze 2-3 months.
This creamy coconut lime chicken can be made on the stovetop in a cast iron skillet or cast iron grill pan, outside on the grill or baked in the oven.
It's also delish paired with fresh mango salsa!
Thai Coconut Lime Chicken
- 3 tablespoon fresh lime juice plus zest of lime
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ can coconut milk
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Combine all ingredients and allow to marinate for at least two hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade. Grill on the grill or stovetop in a skillet over medium heat, or bake until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165.
TO MAKE AS A FREEZER MEAL
- Label a gallon sized freezer bag. Add all ingredients. Remove excess air and lay flat to freeze.
TO COOK FROM FREEZER MEAL
- Thaw. Prepare as outlined above.