Today I’m showing How to Make Mango Salsa. It’s the perfect blend of sweet and spicy flavors with salmon, grilled chicken, black bean tacos or on chips.
What if I told you that you could make a sweet, spicy and juicy tropical salsa in only ten minutes?
You’re in, right???
Note: I may use referral or affiliate links for the products I love.
This is such and easy mango salsa. It’s full of ripe and juicy mangos, crispy red pepper, crunch red onion.
I think this may be one of my favorite flavor combos of all time.
There’s no precision cutting here, folks. Just chop up everything you need and put it in a bowl.
It’s perfect for dipping in tortilla chips, adding to black bean tacos, or topping summertime grilled chicken and salmon. Or what about shrimp tacos? The possibilities are endless!
I like to say it’s sweet with a little heat!
Easy Mango Salsa
If you’ve followed me for more than two minutes, you probably have noticed that I have a thing for Tex Mex & Mexican flavors.
I’m also not a super adventurous person, but I do love tropical fruit!
Simply chop up:
- mangos peeled and chopped – if you’re looking for a mango shortcut, check the refrigerated section at your grocery store. They often have packaged fresh mango, even at Aldi!
- red bell pepper chopped – do you have a different color in your garden or grocery cart? Use whatever kind of bell pepper you’d like!
- ½ medium red onion diced small – the flavor of red onion is a little milder than it’s white and yellow counterparts. I’d stick with red onion here.
- ½ medium jalapeño finely minced – you can use jarred, pickled jalapeno if you don’t have fresh. I do this all the time!
- fresh cilantro finely chopped – if you’re one of the people who can’t stand cilantro, just omit this or use fresh flat leaf parsley instead.
- fresh lime juice – for a bright splash of citrus zing
What to serve this with
Of course you can eat this with traditional tortilla chips. I also love to serve it with:
How to Make Mango Salsa
- 2 medium mangos peeled and chopped small
- 1 medium red bell pepper chopped small
- ½ medium red onion diced small
- ½ medium jalapeño finely minced
- 3 Tbsp fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Combine mango, bell pepper, red onion, jalapeño, cilantro, and fresh lime juice in a medium bowl. Season with salt and black pepper and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately or cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Shared on Meal Plan Monday