Today I'm showing How to Make Mango Salsa. It's the perfect blend of sweet and spicy flavors with salmon, grilled chicken, black bean tacos or on chips.
What if I told you that you could make a sweet, spicy and juicy tropical salsa in only ten minutes?
You're in, right???
This is such and easy mango salsa. It's full of ripe and juicy mangos, crispy red pepper, crunch red onion.
I think this may be one of my favorite flavor combos of all time.
There's no precision cutting here, folks. Just chop up everything you need and put it in a bowl.
It's perfect for dipping in tortilla chips, adding to black bean tacos, or topping summertime grilled chicken and salmon. Or what about shrimp tacos? The possibilities are endless!
I like to say it's sweet with a little heat!
If you've followed me for more than two minutes, you probably have noticed that I have a thing for Tex Mex & Mexican flavors.
I'm also not a super adventurous person, but I do love tropical fruit!
Simply chop up:
- mangos peeled and chopped - if you're looking for a mango shortcut, check the refrigerated section at your grocery store. They often have packaged fresh mango, even at Aldi!
- red bell pepper chopped - do you have a different color in your garden or grocery cart? Use whatever kind of bell pepper you'd like!
- ½ medium red onion diced small - the flavor of red onion is a little milder than it's white and yellow counterparts. I'd stick with red onion here.
- ½ medium jalapeño finely minced - you can use jarred, pickled jalapeno if you don't have fresh. I do this all the time!
- fresh cilantro finely chopped - if you're one of the people who can't stand cilantro, just omit this or use fresh flat leaf parsley instead.
- fresh lime juice - for a bright splash of citrus zing
What to serve this with
Of course you can eat this with traditional tortilla chips. I also love to serve it with:
How to Make Mango Salsa
This fresh mango salsa offers a nice blend of sweet and spicy flavors. It's perfect when paired with tortilla chips, sweet potato chips or as a taco topping.
- 2 medium mangos, peeled and chopped small
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped small
- ½ medium red onion, diced small
- ½ medium jalapeño, finely minced
- 3 tablespoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Combine mango, bell pepper, red onion, jalapeño, cilantro, and fresh lime juice in a medium bowl. Season with salt and black pepper and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately or cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 79Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 0gSodium: 3mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 3gSugar: 16gProtein: 1g
Shared on Meal Plan Monday
What a delicious salsa! So fresh and I loved it with grilled shrimp tacos. My family loved it!
Sweet and spicy! So good!
I love this mango salsa! I used it as a taco topping and it was so fresh and delicious! My family loved it and I can't wait to make it again this week!
Such a delicious and refreshing salsa!! Thanks so much for the recipe!