Add making this Air Fryer Apple Crisp recipe to your list of cooler weather traditions! Soft and sweet apples combine with cinnamon and vanilla. It’s all topped with a delicious oatmeal streusel topping.
This recipe has all the feels of a traditional apple crumble or apple slab pie, made easy in the air fryer.
Tender apples? Yes!
Sweet brown sugar? You betcha!
Crunchy topping? For sure!
Ingredients in Air Fryer Apple Crisp
You only need a few simple ingredients to make this easy apple crisp and chances are, you don’t even need to leave your house for the grocery store. That is, as long as you have fresh apples hanging around!
Here’s what you’ll need to round up from your crisper drawer and your pantry…
Apples – I like to use two varieties of apples when I bake with them. I think it makes the recipe more fun and tasty! I used Granny Smith apples and Gala.
Brown sugar – is in the apple crisp as well as the toppings
Vanilla and cinnamon
Quick oats and flour – make up the topping for the streusel and they’re so yummy! The oats provide the texture we’re used to in an apple crumble or apple crisp. The flour helps to pull the topping all together and soak up some of the juicy apples.
It’s time to get cooking this easy dessert!
How to make air fryer apple crisp
- Wash, peel and core your apples. You can leave the peels on, but I like them off for apple crisp. Give them a chop into about 3/4-inch cubes. We don’t want them too large or they won’t cook all the way through.
- Grab a medium mixing bowl and dump your apples in. Add part of the brown sugar, some of the butter, vanilla and cinnamon. Toss everything together so it’s all deliciously coated.
Spoiler alert: I took two bites of the apple mixture before it made it into the baking dishes.
- Spray your ramekins or mini bowls with some cooking spray and divide the apple mixture into them. Top each with a little square of aluminum foil and add to your fryer basket.
- Air fry for 20 minutes until the apples are tender. In the meantime, make the streusel topping. Combine melted butter, oats, flour and the remaining brown sugar.
- When the baking time is done, remove the foil and sprinkle the topping onto each individual crisp. Air fry uncovered for another 5-7 minute until they’re nice and bubbly and the oatmeal topping is golden brown.
This recipe makes three individual apple crisps. You can share or you can keep them for yourself!
If you have an abundance of apples you can see how to freeze apples here. They’d be great in this crisp!
What kind of apples should I use?
I like to use two different varieties, usually a tart and a sweet apple. Braeburn, Cortland, Honey Gold, Jonathan, Fuji, Gala, Granny Smith. I’d say pick two of your favorite apples and go for it!
What kind of dishes can I use in the air fryer?
Generally, any baking dish that can be used in the oven can go in the air fryer oven…as long as it fits! Before you fill up your dish, be sure to check to make sure you can close your air fryer basket.
What to serve with air fryer apple crisp
A scoop of vanilla ice, a drizzle of caramel sauce or straight up are all delicious in my opinion
Why make apple crisp in the air fryer?
Making the apple crisp in the air fryer is a great way to put your appliance to use, if we’re being honest!! You have an amazing kitchen gadget sitting on your countertop, so use it!
Also, it heats way faster than a traditional oven. And really, do you need an excuse to fill your kitchen with the smells of delicious dessert?
How to store baked apple crisp
If you’re lucky enough to have leftovers, you can cool your apple crisp, then store in an airtight container in your fridge. It will keep for 3-4 days.
More apple recipes
More Air Fryer recipes you’ll love
- 3 cups apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, divided
- 5 Tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup quick oats
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine apples, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 tablespoon melted butter, vanilla, and cinnamon. Stir well until apples are evenly coated.
- Divide the apple mixture evenly between 3 greased ramekins. Cover each with a small square of aluminum foil. Air fry at 350ºF for 20 minutes or until apples are soft.
- While apples are cooking, prepare the topping by combining 4 tablespoons of melted butter, quick oats, flour, and 1/4 cup brown sugar.
- When apples are done, remove the foil and and evenly sprinkle the oatmeal topping over each apple crisp. Air fry, uncovered, for an additional 5-7 minutes or until the crisps are bubble and golden brown.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 411Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 177mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 4gSugar: 42gProtein: 2g