Keto cauliflower fried rice is quite possibly even better than the take out stuff! Our entire family adores this low carb, healthy side dish!
Are you ready for this? Our kids have been totally digging cauliflower rice.
I put it in soup, in stuffed peppers – heck – now they even love cauliflower pizza better than the normal stuff.
And this low carb recipe is super duper easy because it uses frozen riced cauliflower you grab from the grocery store.
That’s right, there’s no whipping out of the food processor, no grating – nothing!
And since I’m living 30 minutes from the nearest Chinese food, sometimes a girls gotta get her fried rice fix!
This gluten free recipes uses butter and garlic, some toasted sesame oil…..Friends, you’re gonna love this!
Basically, I took plain ole rice plus some fried rice inspiration to come up with this side.
We love this best low carb fried rice recipe. It’s low in carbs not matter what diet you’re following – or even if you’re not! Keto cauliflower fried rice is healthy, it’s delicious and it’s quick to prepare.
How to Make Cauliflower Fried Rice
If you’d really like, you can make your own low carb cauliflower rice in your food processor. Truly, it’s not that hard to do.
If you used pre-cut cauliflower florets half the work is already done for you. Just throw it in and pulse until you have little bitty cauliflower crumbles.
But quite truthfully, it’s waaaaaaay easier to just throw a few bags of frozen cauliflower rice into your cart when you cruise through the freezer aisle.
Zero effort wins in my book! So now, we’ve got our cauliflower rice, no matter how you got it.
Heat a large sided skillet over medium hight heat. In the meantime, lightly beat the eggs in a small bowl. Add butter to the heated pan.
Add the eggs, seasoning with salt and pepper. Remove the eggs just as they’re set – they’ll cook quick.
Pull the eggs and set aside on a plate.
Add the rest of the butter, the frozen cauliflower, frozen peas and carrots, green onions, ginger, garlic powder and red pepper flakes.
This is one time when I’ll say that green onions will really make this recipe. If you can get your hands on them for this recipe, go for it!
Now, I could say the same about the fresh ginger. But hey, I’m living in the middle of a cornfield. I don’t have ginger root at the ready (though it does freeze well, too if you ever have some on hand).
My point here is if you have fresh ginger, have at it. But if you don’t you can totally substitute ground ginger, which you probably have in your spice cabinet anyway.
Stir, stir, stir until the frozen veggies are headed through.
Add the tamari, sesame oil, and scrambled eggs to the skillet. Cook for a minute or two.
You can use tamari, coconut aminos, or soy sauce as desired.
Stir constantly, or until all ingredients are thoroughly combined and heated through.
Remove from heat and top with additional green onion, if desired, and serve immediately.
What to Serve with Keto Cauliflower Rice
Or, add it to my Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl to make it an awesome, complete family meal.
This fried cauliflower rice comes in at 5 net carbs per serving.
Keto Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter divided
- 4 large eggs lightly beaten
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 cup frozen riced cauliflower
- ½ cup frozen peas and carrots
- 2 large green onions sliced
- 1.5 tsp fresh ginger finely minced
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 Tbsp tamari or coconut aminos*
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- Optional garnish: Additional sliced green onions
- Heat one tablespoon butter in a large high-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Add eggs and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1-2 minutes or until eggs are cooked through. Transfer eggs to a plate and set aside.
- Add remaining butter, frozen cauliflower, peas and carrots, green onions, fresh ginger, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring constantly, until frozen veggies are heated through and tender, approximately 5-6 minutes.
- Add tamari, sesame oil, and scrambled eggs to the skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly, or until all ingredients are thoroughly combined and heated through. Remove from heat and top with additional green onion, if desired, and serve immediately.