Coming in at just 3 net carbs, this Keto Chicken Salad recipe is big on flavor and easy to make. If you’re looking for a low carb recipe perfect for packed lunches or a light dinner, this recipe is for you!
Rich mayonnaise and a touch of Dijon mustard make a creamy dressing for this chicken salad. Serve in lettuce wraps or in low carb tortillas to mix things up.
Keto Chicken Salad Recipe
I love when I can take something like classic chicken salad recipes and make a few tweaks to make it into a low-carb recipe. In general, chicken salad is one of my favorite things to make when I can't decide what to eat.
Grab your favorite large bowl and let's get started making this low carb chicken salad!
Ingredients in Keto Chicken Salad
This healthy chicken salad uses just a handful of ingredients. You probably have most of them in your fridge already!
Mayonnaise - I love the richness that mayonnaise provides. Be sure to use (what do they need to watch for with keto). You can substitute plain Greek yogurt if you prefer. If you do this, adda. little squeeze of lemon juice or a splash of apple cider vinegar for some extra flavor
Dijon mustard - this adds a little tang and a little depth rather than just using mayo alone.
dried dill - you can use fresh dill if you have it. I never do!
salt and black pepper
rotisserie chicken breast - you can use leftover chicken, leftover rotisserie chicken or make roasted chicken in the Instant Pot to use.
celery and walnuts - for some serious crunch (and fiber)
blue cheese - if you don't like it, you can leave it out!
Lettuce leaves - if you want to turn this into a low carb wrap.
How to serve keto chicken salad
I love this low carb chicken salad recipe because there are so many great ways to make it! You can serve it in bibb lettuce cups, on a low carb tortilla, or cloud bread. Or, use the chicken salad mixture on top of a salad.
Should I go on??
Even our Aldi store has some great low carb bread you could serve this on!
How many carbs in this chicken salad recipe?
There are 5 grams of carbs and 2 grams of fiber, taking this down to 3 net carbs per serving.
- If you have leftover bacon, toss that crispy bacon into your homemade chicken salad!
- Fresh herbs are great. If you have fresh dill, by all means use it!
How to meal prep keto chicken salad
This is a great option for a packed cold lunch. To make it meal prep style, divide the chicken salad into four containers.
Store the blue cheese, walnuts and lettuce wraps separately. Assemble when ready to eat!
How to store leftovers
Leftovers can be refrigerated in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
More easy keto recipes
If you make this low-carb chicken salad recipe, leave a recipe review or comment below!
Keto Chicken Salad
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¾ teaspoon dried dill
- salt and black pepper to taste
- ¾ lbs. rotisserie chicken breast shredded into small pieces
- 2 medium celery stalks diced
- 3 ounces blue cheese crumbled
- ½ cup walnuts chopped
- Lettuce leaves for wrapping
- Combine the mayo, Dijon mustard, and dried dill in a large mixing bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Add the shredded chicken breast and chopped celery to the bowl and toss to combine.
- Add chicken salad to lettuce leaves to make into a sandwich wrap. Top with some of the blue cheese and chopped walnuts.