This Banana Bread Overnight Oats recipe is an easy way to start the day with a healthy breakfast. Ripe bananas, whole grain oats and a drizzle of maple syrup give all the cozy feels of banana bread.
It's easy to assemble overnight oats ahead of time for easy meal prep on busy mornings.
One of the most popular recipes on my website is Hawaiian Banana Bread and with good reason. I mean, who doesn't like banana bread and banana bread muffins?
So I thought, why not take the flavors of the quintessential banana bread and put it into overnight oats form? Yum!
- banana - pick a ripe banana but not overly ripe banana. You can freeze those to use in smoothies
- vanilla extract
- maple syrup
- milk - I use whole milk, but you can use 2%, skim, or whatever milk you like
- old-fashioned oats
- ground flaxseed - you can substitute a tablespoon chia seeds if you like
- ground cinnamon
- sea salt
- mini chocolate chips
- chopped pecans
How do you make overnight oats?
Overnight oats soak in a liquid, usually milk, overnight which softens them and is an alternative to cooking oats.
They're cool and creamy instead of hot, making them perfect for summertime eating.
As for making them in a cute but also functional vessel, mason jars are perfect glass containers for making overnight oats.
Tip: A peanut butter lid works great on most standard mason jars!!
Are instant oats suitable for overnight oats?
I like using an old fashioned, rolled oat for my overnight oats. They have a nice chewy texture and absorb the milk nicely.
The instant oats are chopped a bit more into pieces instead of being rolled flat.
Are overnight oats gluten free?
This recipe is gluten free as long as you use certified gluten free rolled oats. These are usually processed in a facility without gluten to give you peace of mind.
Can I make these into peanut butter banana oats?
Of course!!! To make peanut butter banana oats, add a tablespoon of peanut butter.
More overnight oats recipes
If you make this banana overnight oats recipe, leave a recipe rating or comment below. I'd love to hear from you!
Banana Bread Overnight Oats
Banana Bread Overnight Oats are an easy way to start the day with a healthy breakfast. Ripe bananas, whole grain oats and a drizzle of maple syrup give all the cozy feels of banana bread.
- 1 medium banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cup 2% milk
- ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 Tablespoon flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- ½ Tablespoon mini chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoons pecans, chopped
- In a small mason jar, add your banana. Smash well with a fork.
- Add in your vanilla, maple, and milk to mashed banana. Mix together.
- Add your oats, flaxseed, cinnamon and salt. Stir and mix together.
- Add your chocolate chips and nuts if using. Fold in.
- Cover with a lid, and place in the fridge overnight.
Open the jar the next morning and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 571Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 257mgCarbohydrates: 89gFiber: 12gSugar: 43gProtein: 17g
Leave a Reply