This Strawberry Overnight Oats recipe is the perfect way to start your day! They’re made with juicy strawberries and wholesome ingredients that will give you energy all morning long.
You can even customize overnight oatmeal by adding in your favorite toppings. Plus, I think we’ll agree that this is an eye candy breakfast to wake up to!
Every time I need to get my food choices back on track, I remind myself to eat beautiful foods.
Think about it, healthy foods usually have a rainbow of color and they’re a feast for the eyes, too!
Oatmeal is like a blank canvas with a pop of color in strawberry banana oatmeal and blueberry baked oatmeal, or treats like oatmeal bites.
You can add anything to it and poof! It's transformed!
Why you’ll love making strawberry overnight oats
These overnight oats are so easy to make, it’s almost like the perfect breakfast.
Just mix everything together the night before, put it in the fridge overnight, and wake up to a delicious breakfast waiting for you!
There’s no cooking involved at all – just grab-and-go convenience when you need it most.
I love that they’re in single serving portions, too. No morning dishes to wash which is always a plus in my book making them perfect for busy mornings.
How to make strawberry overnight oats
Because they’re healthy and nutritious with fresh fruit and whole grains, these strawberry overnight oats are a great way to keep you fuller longer.
Step 1. Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
Step 2. Divide mixture between two pint-sized wide-mouth glass mason jars with tight-fitting lids.
Step 3. Secure lids and place in the refrigerator overnight. To serve, remove from the refrigerator and enjoy!
Variations for strawberry overnight oats
Like I said before, these are a blank canvas! Here are some ideas for switching up. your overnight oats.
You can add mini chocolate chips and then we're talking chocolate strawberry oats, or add sliced bananas to the mix. Maybe both...Yum!
Substitute your milk of choice such as unsweetened almond milk, oat milk or coconut milk. The dairy lover in me has to add the disclaimer that these aren't real milk but I also understand everyone has different dietary needs 😉
Add a tropical flair with the addition of unsweetened coconut flakes.
Tips for overnight oats
- To keep this recipe gluten free, be sure to use certified gluten-free oats. Oats on their own are gluten free but.... explain
- Use old-fashioned, rolled oats. Still curious about the difference between steel-cut oats, quick oats and more? Check this out for a further explanation about types of oats
- No mason jar? You can mix these into your favorite meal prep dish or other airtight container with a lid
- Stir in your favorite vanilla protein powder for extra protein
- You may want to use chopped strawberries instead of sliced for smaller children.
- Making these for a family? Double or triple the recipe to make a big batch of oatmeal.
More meal prep breakfast ideas
Pumpkin Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
Farm friends, I dare say this can be a grab and go meal during our busy seasons!
If you make this easy strawberry overnight oats recipe, leave a star rating or comment below. I'd love to hear from you!
Strawberry Overnight Oats Recipe
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup rolled oats (old fashioned oats)
- ¾ cup 2% milk
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup (optional but delicious)
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Divide mixture between two pint-sized wide-mouth glass mason jars with tight-fitting lids. Secure lids and place in the refrigerator overnight.
To serve, remove from the refrigerator and enjoy!
*Use old fashioned oats for this recipe. Check this out for a further explanation about types of oats
Nutrition calculated using 2% dairy milk
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 283Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 195mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 7gSugar: 17gProtein: 14g
Leave a Reply