Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies are a fun addition to serve up during the holiday season, baby showers and birthday parties. Topped with the colored frosting of your choice and filled with rainbow sprinkles, these colorful cookies are so fun!
Why you'll love these easy funfetti cake mix cookies
Cake mix cookies are the easiest cookies to make. When life is crazy but I still want something freshly baked, these are the perfect cookies to make.
They're perfect if you're looking for easy recipes you can make with the little bakers in your family, too!I am a huge fan of cake mix cookies. It saves the extra step of measuring the dry ingredients and a box mix makes it so easy!
These have a soft texture and are deliciously chewy cookies.
- A box of cake mix - pick up a box of funfetti cake mix from the grocery store. If you don't have one on hand, you could use a box of white cake mix and add extra sprinkles.
- Baking powder
- Vegetable oil
- Confetti sprinkles - any kind of colorful sprinkles works great
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Food coloring - this is for the icing. If you want white icing, you can leave it out, or you can use it to tint the frosting.
How to make funfetti cookies
Heat the oven to 350° and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Spray with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine the eggs and vegetable oil.
Stir in the cake mix and baking powder till combined.
Fold in the confetti sprinkles.
Use two tablespoons or a cookie scoop to make large cookies. Space the cookies out so they don’t touch as they bake as they'll spread slightly.
Bake for 9 minutes and remove. Let cool on the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
See how my cookies aren't perfectly round? It's all good...I have a tip to fix that below. Because no one is perfect, right??!?
While the cookies cool, make the icing by creaming the butter and cream cheese. Then beat in powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
To frost the cookies, add the frosting to a piping baggie. Start at the center of the cookie and go in a circle out. Add sprinkles to the top of the cookies.
- To keep these nice and soft, don’t let these cookies brown in the oven. Remove at 8 to 9 minutes. No longer, grasshopper.
- If you don’t want these cookies to spread much, refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour before baking.
- Fun tip: if your cookies aren’t round, as soon as they come out of the oven, grab a glass that is larger than the cookie. Place the cup upside down over the cookie and do a little swirl and you will have a more uniform round cookie!
- Place in an airtight container or ziplock bag at room temperature for up to 7 days.
- Freeze for up to 3 months.
More easy cake mix cookies
Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
For the cookies
- 2 large eggs room temp
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 16 oz box cake mix (white or confetti)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup confetti sprinkles
For the icing
- 6 Tablespoons butter room temp
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temp
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup confetti sprinkles
- Food coloring of choice optional
- Heat the oven to 350° and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs and vegetable oil. Stir in the cake mix and baking powder till combined.
- Fold in the confetti sprinkles.
- Use two tablespoons to make large cookies. Space the cookies out so they don’t touch as they bake.
- Bake for 9 minutes and remove. Cool on the pan for 5 minutes, then place on a cooling rack till completely cooled.
- While the cookies cool, make the icing. In a large bowl, beat the butter and cream cheese together, then beat in the powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Place the icing in a ziplock bag and snip off a little bit of the corner. Start at the center of the cookie and go in a circle out. Add sprinkles to the top of the cookies.