This soft pretzel bites recipe only has 3 ingredients and is fun and easy to make using store bought pizza dough.
This super easy pizza dough pretzel bites recipe uses only 3 ingredients. And for those of you trying to get all technical on me, no – I don’t count water as an ingredient.
I made from scratch soft Pretzel Bites for one of our gatherings this winter. And while it wasn’t completely laborious to make the dough, it got me thinking there might be an easier way.
As in, I wonder if I could make these soft pretzels with refrigerated pizza dough?
Luckily, that question is easy enough to fix with a trip to the supermarket. I bought pizza dough in the refrigerator section, though I’ve also seen this pizza dough in the deli section and freezer section at the grocery store.
Ingredients in Pizza Dough Bites
- Baking soda
- Refrigerated pizza dough - if you have extra dough, try making these costco chicken bakes.
So, three ingredients – you can’t get much simpler than that, unless you buy pre-made frozen pretzel bites and that’s just no fun and definitely not as tasty.
Here’s how to make this Soft Pretzel Bites Recipe:
The secret to turning pizza dough into pretzels is….(drumroll….) baking soda! I really bet that’s the first time baking soda received a drumroll. It’s not really flashy but it’s a magical component in this recipe.
POOF! Pizza dough becomes soft pretzel!
Set dough out at room temperature at least 30-60 minutes before you’re ready to start cooking. If you don’t do this, your dough is going to be very springy. You don’t want that.
How to Make Pretzel Bites with Pizza Dough
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
In a large pot, bring 4 cups water and baking soda to a gentle boil.
Divide your pizza dough into quarters, then using your hands, roll each quarter into a 12” rope.
Using a pizza cutter, divide each rope into 8 pieces. (If you’re a symmetry lover, cut down the center, then cut each half into two pieces, then cut those into two pieces. TA DA!
Lightly roll individual pieces in your hand to smooth out any lumps or weird parts. However they go into the water is how they’re going to look when they’re done.
Working in batches, drop the dough into the boiling water and cook for 1 minute. Remove dough with a slotted spoon and place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
Sprinkle with kosher salt and bake for 12 minutes.
Eat and enjoy.
Wanna switch things up? You can also make pretzel bites in the air fryer.
What to serve with pretzel bites:
We like to dip these in Sweet Honey Mustard - we love the Inglehoffer brand! Hmmm, some queso dip could be tasty too...
Or, make your own simple Honey Mustard Dip by combining ¼ cup yellow mustard and 1 Tablespoon of honey.
Other easy appetizers you'll love:
- Baked Pepperoni Dip
- Sweet & Spicy Peach Dip
- Hot Reuben Dip
- Hot Taco Dip with Ground Beef
- Slow Cooker Chex Mix
If you make these easy pretzel bites with pizza dough, leave a comment below and tell me what you think!
Pretzel Bites with Pizza Dough
- 4 cups water
- ¼ cup baking soda
- 1 T. kosher salt
- 1 lb refrigerated pizza dough
- Remove dough from refrigerator and bring to room temperature. Meanwhile, Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large pot, bring 4 cups water and baking soda to a gentle boil.
- Divide your pizza dough into quarters, then using your hands, roll each quarter into a 12” rope. Using a pizza cutter, divide each rope into 8 pieces.
- Lightly roll individual pieces in your hand to smooth out any lumps or weird parts.
- Working in batches, drop the dough into the water and cook for 1 minute. Remove dough with a slotted spoon and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle immediately with kosher salt and bake for 12 minutes until lightly golden brown.