This soft pretzel bites recipe only has 3 ingredients and is fun and easy to make! Try this snack and appetizer at your next get together!
This is a super easy homemade soft pretzel bites recipe using only 3 ingredients. And for those of you trying to get all technical on me, no – I don’t count water as an ingredient.
I made from scratch soft Pretzel Bites for one of our gatherings this winter. And while it wasn’t completely laborious to make the dough, it got me thinking there might be an easier way.
As in, I wonder if I could make these pretzel bites with refrigerated pizza dough?
Luckily, that question is easy enough to fix with a trip to the supermarket. The pizza dough I’m talking about is usually packaged in a plastic bag. A photo is below in case you’re still in the dark about what I’m talking about. I’ve seen this pizza dough in the deli section at the grocery store.
So, three ingredients – you can’t get much simpler than that, unless you buy pre-made frozen pretzel bites and that’s just no fun and definitely not as tasty.
Here’s how to make this Soft Pretzel Bites Recipe:
The secret to turning pizza dough into pretzels is….(drumroll….) baking soda! I really bet that’s the first time baking soda received a drumroll. It’s not really flashy but it’s a magical component in this recipe.
POOF! Pizza dough becomes soft pretzel!
Set dough out at room temperature at least 30-60 minutes before you’re ready to start cooking. If you don’t do this, your dough is going to be very springy. You don’t want that.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
In a large pot, bring 4 cups water and 2 Tablespoons baking soda to a gentle boil.
Divide your pizza dough into quarters, then using your hands, roll each quarter into a 12” rope.
Using a pizza cutter, divide each rope into 8 pieces. (If you’re a symmetry lover, cut down the center, then cut each half into two pieces, then cut those into two pieces. TA DA!
Lightly roll individual pieces in your hand to smooth out any lumps or weird parts. However they go into the water is how they’re going to look when they’re done.
Working in batches, drop the dough into the water and cook for 1 minute. Remove dough with a slotted spoon and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Sprinkle with kosher salt and bake for 12 minutes.
Eat and enjoy.
We like to dip these in Sweet Honey Mustard – we love the Inglehoffer brand! Hmmm, some cheese dip could be tasty too…
Other easy appetizers you’ll love:
- 4 cups water
- 2 T. baking soda
- 1 T. kosher salt
- 1 lb refrigerated pizza dough
- Remove dough from refrigerator and bring to room temperature. Meanwhile, Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large pot, bring 4 cups water and 2 Tablespoons baking soda to a gentle boil.
- Divide your pizza dough into quarters, then using your hands, roll each quarter into a 12” rope. Using a pizza cutter, divide each rope into 8 pieces.
- Lightly roll individual pieces in your hand to smooth out any lumps or weird parts.
- Working in batches, drop the dough into the water and cook for 1 minute. Remove dough with a slotted spoon and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle immediately with kosher salt and bake for 12 minutes until lightly golden brown.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g