Start your holiday gathering off right! Guests will love these 13 make ahead holiday appetizers as the perfect start to your Thanksgiving or holiday dinner.
Do you have your holiday meal plans made?
How about your holiday appetizers?
Because Christmas is sneaking up on us. Again.
One day it's Labor Day, then the next the stores are playing Christmas music.
And yet, every single year, the holidays sneak up on us.
Well not this year, my friends!
I'm here to help you out because we we all love a good snack before the big meal!
And, when libations are flowing and stress is on the higher side (because family gatherings, though we love them, can be a LOT of family in a short time).
Except my family. My family, if you're reading this, you're the exception to the rule. Love you all!
Anyway, a while back I wrote a post about keeping Christmas simple and avoiding all the ho-hum stress that so often comes along with the holidays.
This is the foodie side of me helping you out. Let's get started!
20 Make Ahead Appetizers
1. Frozen Grapes Marinated in Wine - Unexpected. Delicious. And ridiculously easy!!
2. Make Ahead Antipasto Platter - There's really no way to go wrong with this. If you want directions, here you go, but really - meat, cheese, olives, some roasted red peppers. And anything else you like. Bam!
4. Artichoke Parmasean Bites - only 5 ingredients and you'll have 30 tasty bites!
5. Italian Appetizer Skewers - let the deli counter do the work for you!
6. Ham & Cheese Pinwheels - These taste great warm or at room temperature and they can be baked ahead and frozen. Nice!
7. Caramelized Onion Tarts with Apples - Don't let the fancy name fool you, this has simple ingredients and is easy to make.
More Make Ahead Holiday Appetizers
8. Cranberry Brie Bites These can be assembled and frozen, either baked or unbaked, weeks before a party.
9. Bruschetta Cheese Ball - An easy, make ahead cheese ball everyone will love.
10. Spinach Balls - Healthy, easy and a NO FAIL recipe!
11. Cuban Sandwich on a Stick - great for Christmas and also for New Year's - Use leftover baked ham!
13. Sweet and Sassy Peach Dip - easy to make, delicious to eat!
14. Layered Hummus Dip - easy to make and always a crowd favorite!!
Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip is one of those easy appetizers that's a must at every party! Made with cream cheese and three other kinds of cheeses, you can bake this in the oven or warm it in the crockpot.
A party isn't complete without a healthy and easy classic recipe for deviled eggs! Make them simple or make them fancy, they're low carb and keto friendly and perfect for Easter, too!
17. BLT Dip
It's cool and creamy, low carb and full of bacon and tomatoes. What's not to love?
Whip up a batch of this dreamy dip in under 20 minutes. (Even less if you have make ahead bacon!)
Cranberries Pecan Goat Cheese Appetizer is a something everyone enjoys! With only 5 ingredients and 15 minutes of prep, what's not to love about this cheese log?
Turkey Cranberry Pinwheels are an easy to make and delicious appetizer. Cranberry sauce brings tart sweetness to each bite paired with creamy cream cheese. Roll the whole thing up in tortillas and you have the perfect holiday favorite!
Whipped Feta Dip is everything feta should be…salty, tangy and topped with a creamy drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Serve up this cool appetizer with fresh veggies or pita tips for dipping!
Make this dip ahead of time and set it out about an hour before serving to make it truly dip-able!
Baked Pepperoni Dip has all the taste of pepperoni pizza but in a warm, dippable recipe your guests will love!
Make these before the big day and you’ll be one step closer to sanity.
Be sure to save these make ahead holiday appetizers for later!
For more holiday ideas, you'll love these easy recipes!