Roasted Vegetable Tacos are a fast and easy weeknight dinner. Pull some veggies from your garden, grab the taco fixings and you're good!
I love anytime I can repurpose a recipe and get two dinners out of it. I'm not lazy, I'm effective!
These roasted vegetable tacos are a great way to use a batch of my make ahead roasted vegetables.
But even if you're starting from scratch, the prep is minimal and the cooking time is only 20-25 minutes.
How to Make Veggie Tacos at Home
I like to serve these vegetarian tacos with avocado nestled in warmed corn or flour tortillas with lime wedges, shredded cheese and sour cream.
Mix up your Roasted Vegetable Tacos
If you want to up the protein a bit and make these high protein vegetarian tacos, just add some black beans or pinto beans to the mixture after the vegetables have roasted.
But of course, add whatever you love on your tacos for an easy weeknight meal!
Roasted Vegetable Tacos
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 yellow pepper chopped
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 1 summer squash chopped
- 1 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 ear of sweet corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- flour or corn tortillas for servings plus toppings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prep vegetables while oven preheats.
- Place vegetables on a sheet pan. Drizzle with 2 Tablespoons of olive oil, minced garlic, cumin, salt & pepper. Toss with your hands to lightly coat the vegetables and spread evenly in pan.
- Don't overcrowd the pan - use two if you have to.
- Roast until tender and beginning to brown, 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Spoon mixture into corn or flour tortillas and top with traditional taco toppings such as cheese, salsa, sour cream, etc.
I don't have a photo of this meal because my taco kept falling over. I'm a work in progress people. Kitchen props like this taco stand - I might need one.
I'm sure you can envision it though, right? Right.