A while back, my FarmHer friend Emily of R Family Farms and I were texting back and forth about creative pork shoulder recipes. Only a pig farmer and a foodie could have a conversation like that, right?
Everyone knows you can make pork shoulder into shredded BBQ sandwiches and the like, but I think it’s time to switch things up. Here's what I found for you, my friends!
This post contains affiliate links.
13 Pork Shoulder Recipes to try right Now!
1. Slow Cooker Pork Chili Verde by The Recipe Critic - It's tender, it's delicious and it's made in the slow cooker! Need I say more?
2. Slow Cooker Kahlua Pork by Le Creme De La Crumb - One of my personal favorites. Why?? Three ingredients, a minute of prep, and incredibly versitile. Use it on sandwiches, in burrito bowls, freeze some for later. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!
3. Pulled Pork Chili by This Farm Girl Cooks - Pulled Pork Chili is warm, cozy and full of flavor! Make it in the slow cooker or Instant Pot – just make it!! Add your favorite toppings and dig in.
4. Pork Verde Enchiladas by The Magical Slow Cooker - Don't let the fancy name fool you, this recipe is simple and uses canned green enchilada sauce. In fact, you can cook the meat in the slow cooker a day ahead, and then assemble and bake!
5. Tacos Al Pastor by BuzzFeed - You can drive right past your favorite taco truck and cruise on home to make these. Give yourself some time to marinate the pork – anywhere from 2 hours to 3-5 days.
6. Italian Braised Pork Ragu by Just a Little Bit of Bacon - Why didn’t I think of this?? Make on the stovetop for an alternative to spaghetti and meatballs or pasta Bolognese. Additionally, leftovers freeze well, too – that is, if there’s anything left!
7. Root Beer Pork Sandwiches by The Girl Who Ate Everything Yes, it’s a pork sandwich BUT the root beer in here does something magical. With three ingredients you can’t go wrong and again, helllloooooo slow cooker! I'd recommend serving these with a side of Old Fashioned Baked Beans.
8. Instant Pot Pork Carnitas by This Farm Girl Cooks - You can’t go wrong with the BEST Instant Pot Pork Carnitas. They’re easy to make at home for a dish with a restaurant flavor!
More pork shoulder recipes....
9.Feeling creative? Check out these marinades and make your own pork shoulder recipe!
10. Cuban Mojo Marinated Pork by The Food Charlatan - Keep this one in your pocket when the cool whether hits and you need a taste of the islands! Yes, this one takes a little more effort BUT the end result sounds like a flavor fiesta in your mouth! Go for it!
11. Have leftover pork? How about turning it into a Pork and Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Kevin Is Cooking? Genius!!!
12. Pork Gyros with Tzatziki and Sweet Chili Sauce by Simply Stacie - Get out the Dutch oven and a rolled pork roast! I don’t think there’s an ounce of Greek heritage in me but I love anything with tzatziki, which is the “fancy” way of saying a cucumber sauce. And that CRUST!!! Mouth watering!
13. Spicy Korean Pork Stir Fry by Recipe Tin Eats - Yes, this has some ingredients you might not have in your kitchen but WOW! The end result looks like something you’d get at your favorite restaurant. I love that she includes recipe substitutions, too or you can always buy at my mainstay, Amazon.
14. Low Carb, Pulled Pork Lettuce Wraps by This Farm Girl Cooks can be made in the slow cooker, have real food ingredients and taste AH-MAZING! If your farmer turns his nose up at the lettuce wraps, just turn it into a regular wrap!
There you have it! 13 pork shoulder recipes! If you try one, give me a shout and tell me what you think!
Leave a Reply