If you LOVE tacos like I do, you’ll love this slow cooker ranch chicken taco filling. Even better, it cooks in the crockpot all day!
As you can see in my photos, I served these chicken tacos wrapped in soft taco shells but you could use this cooked chicken to top a salad, make burritos or as lunch meal prep.
I’ll be honest – meal planning is not nearly as difficult when you have tacos at least once each week.
So Taco Tuesday, you’ve got nothing on Taco Wednesday, Thursday or Friday.
And for my fellow meal preppers, you can totally make these slow cooker ranch chicken tacos as a freezer meal.
The recipe I shared below uses one of my new favorites, boneless skinless chicken thighs.
Why are they a new favorite?
They don’t dry out in the slow cooker and they shred SO EASY!
But if you’re on team chicken breast, you can totally make this recipe using those!
All you’ve got to do on cooking day is thaw them in advance, dump them in the slow cooker and let the taco love simmer alllll day long.
Now, let’s talk toppings.
In our house, shredded cheese, sour cream and some salsa are a must, hands down.
Next up, we love guacamole. In fact we love guacamole so much that our four year old legitimately asked if we could plant guacamole in the garden this year.
Oh yes, he truly is my child!!!
A squeeze of lime? Absolutely!
So if you LOVE chicken, and you LOVE tacos, you’ve gotta make these – pronto!
I recommend serving these ranch chicken tacos up with a side of vegetarian refried beans.
And maybe a margarita. Mmmmmm!
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp homemade taco seasoning
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Add chicken to the slow cooker. Add olive oil.
- In a medium sized bowl combine taco seasoning and spices. Stir to mix, then cover all sides of the chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is cooked through to a temperature of 165 degrees.
- Shred chicken with two forks or your mixer and return to the spices in the pot. Blend and serve with taco shells and toppings of your choice. Enjoy!
TO MAKE AS A FREEZER MEAL
- Label a gallon sized bag. Add chicken and olive oil to the bag. In a medium sized bowl combine taco seasoning and spices. Stir to mix, then pour in with the chicken. Remove excess air and move ingredients around to coat chicken.
- To cook: Thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Cook as instructed above.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 226Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 144mgSodium 398mgCarbohydrates 1gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 29g