This apple cider syrup recipe is version of a pantry ready breakfast staple. This apple syrup can be poured over french toast, drizzled on pancakes, you name it...all with the taste of fresh apple pie!
But of course, there's a twist we're gonna use so you can make this any day of the year, not just during apple season. Everything you need is at your local grocery store and then is in your freezer and pantry!
If you're looking for an old school boiled cider recipe, King Arthur Baking has a great one. It involves measuring temperature, storing in a dark place, and a bunch of other things I don't want to be bothered with.
My mom swears by the stuff in her baking and has a bottle she holds tight to!
But, I'm looking for the easy button here which is why I'm heading to the apple orchard instead.
When apple season is boomin', you better believe we are hustling down there for a gallon of fresh apple cider and fresh fruit so we can make all the apple recipes !
Okay, and we usually grab a few (dozen) apple cider donuts. Because they're heaven on earth and I think they were invented to be enjoyed.
Anyway, apple everything is my favorite ingredient of the fall.
During the times of year when a freshly pressed gallon of cider isn't at the ready, this is my favorite way to make apple cider syrup.
Why you'll love this recipe
Hot syrup is basically a great way to start your day. Even better when you've whipped up a delicious recipe and all the smells linger in your kitchen.
Step aside, regular pancake syrup. Hang tight, real maple syrup (I still love you, boo)...there's a new kid in town.
- concentrated apple juice - you'll find this in the freezer section of the grocery store.
- dark brown sugar
- unsweetened applesauce - we always have this in the fridge for the kid's packed lunches!
- ground cinnamon and nutmeg - these spices give that warm fall vibe you're looking for!
How to make homemade apple cider syrup
It's so easy to make this syrup! Basically, bring all ingredients to a boil, then let it simmer.
Cool and put into a container. That's it!
What to serve with apple cider syrup
This pourable syrup can pretty much coat anything that needs some syrup and apple love. French toast, sheet pan pancakes or banana pancakes, vanilla ice cream....
How to store apple cider syrup
Store leftovers in a glass jar after the syrup has cooled.
Other recipes you'll love
If you make this easy apple cider syrup, leave a recipe comment or review. I'd love to hear from you!
Apple Cider Syrup
- 1 cup concentrated apple juice thawed
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoon unsweetened applesauce
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Add ingredients to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat
- Once boiling, drop to temperature to low and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Pour syrup into a container and let the syrup cool. Garnish with cinnamon sticks, if desired.