Easy Fruity Pebbles Treats are a colorful and fruity twist on the classic rice krispie treats. They're handheld, no bake treats full of gooey marshmallow and brightly colored cereal and are a treat the whole family will love!
Why you'll love these treats
They're a bright and fun twist on regular rice krispies treats and heart shaped rice krispie treats, and they're an easy recipe to make with your kids.
- Fruity Pebbles cereal - I've used the name brand version as well as a generic version from Aldi. Both work great!
- Marshmallows - mini or regular sized marshmallows. Your choice.
- Unsalted butter - It's not a deal breaker if you have salted butter, but I usually use unsalted.
- Vanilla extract - in this recipe you can use artificial vanilla or real vanilla extract.
How to make fruity pebbles treats
Spray your pan with nonstick cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
Melt the butter on the stovetop or in the microwave in a large bowl.
Add the marshmallows and stir in to melt. Add vanilla extract.
Stir until the marshmallows are completely smooth.
Add the cereal and stir, stir, stir until all the cereal is coated in the marshmallow mixture.
Spread the fruit pebble treat mixture into your prepared pan. You can use a spatula sprayed with non-stick cooking spray to help pat the mixture down.
Allow the treats to cool before slicing into bars with a sharp knife.
If you're in a hurry to taste these, you can pop them in the fridge for a few hours and they'll set up more quickly!
How to make in the microwave
Simply use a large mixing bowl (one that is microwave safe, of course!) and melt the butter. Add the marshmallow and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between until the marshmallows are melted.
Proceed with the recipe as written in the recipe card below.
- Switch up the type of cereal. Other fruity cereals like fruit loops, and trix will work. Craving chocolate? Try cocoa pebbles!
- Press some extra mini marshmallows into the top to add an extra chewy bite and pop of white color.
Either will work! Mini marshmallows will melt faster, so it you have large marshmallows, you can always cut them in half with kitchen scissors, or melting them on a low heat.
Yes, these will have to set at room temperature for 5-6 hours, or if you simply can't wait that long, pop them in the refrigerator for a bit to firm up.
How to store leftovers
Store in an airtight container or covered with plastic wrap for up to three days.
More fun desserts
If you make these fruity pebbles bars, leave a rating or recipe review below. I'd love to hear from you!
Fruity Pebbles Treats
- 11 ounce box Fruity Pebbles cereal
- 14 ounces marshmallows
- 1 stick plus 2 tablespoons butter unsalted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Spray a 11x7 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and line with parchment paper or foil for easy removal.
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium-low heat. Before butter is fully melted add in the marshmallows and stir with a large spoon until melted.
- Remove the pan from heat to allow it to start to cool and stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour in cereal and stir well with the melted marshmallows. Note: do this quickly as the marshmallow mixture starts to cool, they will get much stickier.
- Pour or scoop into your prepared pan and spread as quickly as you can. Note: If you spray some non-stick spray on your spatula or use a buttered spatula it will keep the marshmallow from sticking to your utensil.Press mixture in an even layer, making sure to get all the way to the edges.
- Allow the cereal treats to cool and fully set before slicing into bars with a sharp knife.