Here’s the big ole’ list of Easy Sandwiches for Lunch. The next time you find yourself standing in front of the fridge, take a look at this for inspiration!
When life hands you a lunchbox, you pack easy sandwiches for lunch!
Look, I get it. Packing a sandwich for your lunch isn’t glamourous.
I mean, have you ever stared into your fridge trying to figure out yet another lunch sandwich idea for lunch? And another thing, why does it always taste so much better when someone else makes a sandwich for you?
When you figure it out, let me know.
But in the meantime, I’m here with easy sandwich ideas courtesy of yours truly plus readers of This Farm Girl Cooks.
Note: some of these came from readers. You know who you are…You guys seriously have some crazy sandwich combinations but I’m gonna give them a shot…
You’re gonna want to save this to Pinterest, or possibly tape this to your fridge. Probably both.
Get creative with your sandwich wrappers!! How about…
- Crescent rolls
- Kaiser Rolls
- Refrigerator Biscuits
- Egg Roll Wrappers
- French Toast, Pancakes
- Pie Crust
- Puff Pastry
- Pizza Dough
- Frozen/Refrigerated Pizza Dough
- White, Whole Wheat, 7 Grain, Multi Grain, Potato, Rye, Pumpernickel
- Oatmeal Bread, French, Italian
- Raisin, Cinnamon Raisin
- Different mustards: yellow, dijon, whole grain, honey mustard, spicy mustard
- Mayo, Salad dressing
- Pickles – dill, sweet, gherkin
Veggie & Other Toppings for Sandwiches
- Bell peppers
- Hot peppers
- Pepper jack
- Monterey Jack
Salad Sandwiches for lunch
- Egg Salad
- Chicken Salad
- Greek Chicken Salad
- Ham Salad
- Tuna Salad
More easy sandwiches for lunch
Peanut Butter & Jelly Combinations
- Peanut Butter & Marshmallow Fluff
- PB & Banana
- PB & Cream Cheese
- PB & Apple Slices
- PB & Apple Butter
Ham and Cheese Sandwich Combinations (and ham relatives)
- Ham & Brie
- Prosciutto and mozzarella
- Types of Ham: Country Ham, Virginia ham, Black Forest, smoked
- Sausage & Bacon (see pancakes and french toast)
- Cuban – ham, roast pork, Swiss, salami, pickle
- Spicy Club – ham, cheddar, cooked chicken or turkey, salsa
- Ham & Salami – olive oil, oregano, mozzarella
- Breaded pork tenderloin with pickle, mustard and onion (hey, why not?)
- Ham & Fried Egg Sandwich
Turkey Sandwich Ideas – Gobble, Gobble!
- The Ultimate Turkey: Turkey, leftover stuffing, cranberry sauce, mayo
- Turkey Panini with Pesto – it packs great
- Orange Turkey – Turkey, mayo, cranberry sauce, orange marmalade
- Turkey, pastrami, Swiss, oregano
- Turkey, prosciutto, Swiss, red onion, oregano, mayo
- Smoked turkey, provolone, mayo, horseradish
- Turkey with blue cheese, mayo
- Turkey, honey mustard, Brie, tomato
- Smokey Turkey & Brie
- Turkey, avocado, alfalfa sprouts on a croissant
- Turkey, pesto, lettuce, tomato
Beef Sandwich Combinations
- Roast beef, provolone, horseradish, mayo
- Roast beef, swiss, coleslaw, mayo, salt & pepper
- Meatball Sub
- Roast beef, mashed potatoes, gravy, salt & pepper
- Corned beef, pastrami, coleslaw, Dijon mustard
- Polish sausage, havarti & mustard
- Rueben – corned beef, sauerkraut, Swiss and Thousand Island dressing (tip: Put cheese between bread and sauerkraut to prevent soggy bread)
- Beef on Weck – roast beef & horseradish
- Roast beef and havarti cheese on an onion roll, lightly grilled
- Roast beef and Swiss on rye with mustard and mayo.
- Hawaiian Chicken – Cooked chicken, pineapple slice, coconut flakes, mayo
- Waldorf Chicken – Diced chicken, mayo, walnuts, raisins, apple, salt & pepper
- Chicken Caprese – leftover chicken or deli chicken with mozzarella, tomato and basil
- Chicken, Italian Dressing, Cucumber, Mozzarella
- Chicken, Bacon, Tomato & Cheese
- Jalapeno Chicken – cooked chicken, pepper jack, jarred jalapeno, salsa, onion.
- Chicken Cordon Bleu – Chicken, ham, swiss, mustard
Random Sandwich Ideas
- Omelet Sandwiches on Toast
- McGriddle Style Sandwiches on pancakes or waffles
- Monte Cristo (Dijon, Swiss, ham, & turkey)
- Cheddar and Apple Sandwich
- Sausage Patty & Apple slices
- Nutella & Banana
- English cucumber, dill, and ranch, with a slice of American cheese sandwich
- Salmon BLT
- Mozzarella with Italian dressing and Italian seasoning
- Pimento Cheese Sandwich
- Italian Sub – olive oil, oregano, salami, provolone, capicola ham, pepperoni, turkey, tomato
- Tomato and Mayo with salt & pepper (a personal childhood favorite…)
- bologna on soft wheat with mustard and Doritos!! (there you go, Nancy 😉
- Pb, lettuce, tomato, little mayo on toast!!!
Need something to go along with your sandwich? Here you go!
- Grandma’s Creamy Potato Salad
- Mayo Free Potato Salad
- Easy Banana Muffins
- Handheld Meal Ideas
- On the Go Lunch Ideas
What’s your favorite cold sandwich combination?