Cranberry Baked Brie is an easy appetizer topped with cranberry sauce and walnuts. It’s perfect for entertaining and it’s ready in 20 minutes!
Grab a fresh baguette and get ready for dipping these creamy and tart, salty and sweet bites of goodness!
I remember going to a party as a child and they had a wheel of brie, wrapped in puff pastry, and I thought that baked brie appetizer was the coolest. thing. ever. Everyone loved it!
That recipe had a lot of steps involved, from an egg wash to a puff pastry…
Anyway, fast forward many years later and I still think about that tasty appetizer..
Cranberry Baked Brie
I did what I do best and I simplified that baked brie recipe to make it super easy but still tart, tangy and delicious!
Ingredients in Cranberry Baked Brie
brie cheese wheel – when I picture a cheese wheel, I imagine the giant wheels of parmesan you see in Italian commercials. This brie cheese is small enough to fit in your hand. It’s usually in a cardboard round container.
cranberry sauce – I like to use my homemade cranberry sauce if I have it leftover (or made ahead) for Thanksgiving, but you can 100% add store bought cranberry sauce to your shopping list instead! I’d recommend grabbing a can of whole cranberry sauce as opposed to the jellied cranberries.
dried cranberries – a brand name is Craisins that you might recognize. You can use leftover dried cranberries in cranberry orange scones
walnuts – pecans also work
rosemary sprigs – if you can spring for the fresh rosemary, the aromatics are spectacular
How to make Brie with cranberry sauce
- Bake the brie on a parchment lined baking sheet for about 10 minutes.
- When the cheese is soft, pull it open with two forks and spread the top with the cranberry sauce, then the dried cranberries and walnuts.
- Drizzle with honey and the rosemary sprigs. Bake another 10 minutes or so
The brie cheese gets wonderfully gooey, and the cranberry sauce starts to become melty…it’s a beautiful thing friends!!
Switch this up to a pecan baked brie with a simple switch from walnuts to pecans. Easy Peasy!
Top with cranberry apple chutney instead of the cranberry sauce for a fun twist
More appetizer recipes you’ll enjoy
If you make this cranberry brie recipe, leave a recipe review or comment below. I’d love to hear from you!
- 8 ounces brie cheese (sold in a wheel)
- ¼ cup cranberry sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- 2 Tablespoons dried cranberries (Craisins is a common brand)
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1 French baguette, warmed and sliced on the diagonal
- Baby carrots, cucumber slices, or celery for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and line a rimmed baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
- Place the brie on the prepared baking sheet and transfer it to the oven to bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove brie from the oven, and using two forks, gently expose the creamy layer beneath the crusty top of the cheese. Spread the cranberry sauce on top of the cheese, followed by the dried cranberries and walnuts. Drizzle with honey and top with fresh rosemary.
- Return brie to the oven and bake for another 5-10 minutes or until all the toppings are warm and the brie is heated to your desired temperature.
Serve the baked brie on a decorative platter alongside sliced baguette and vegetables.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 381Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 583mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 3gSugar: 13gProtein: 15g