If coconut, chocolate and pecans are your love language, you’ll want to bake a batch of German Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies. Buckle up buttercup and prepare to devour!
These easy and delicious cookies bring all the taste components of German chocolate cake and pack them into a munch-worthy cookie. No plate, no fork, no dish washing required!
Why I love these Chocolate Cake Cookies
Do you love a sweet cookie with a hint of coconut and the subtle crunch of pecans?
I sure do!
Even better when you make cookies using German chocolate cake mix!
Less measuring, less pulling from the pantry, and you’re on the cooking making expressway, friends.
Work smarter, not harder, I always say…
- Boxed German chocolate cake mix – I used this one but use whatever you find at your local grocery store.
- chopped pecans – farm girl tip: I keep these stored in my freezer so they last longer.
- flaked coconut – you can use sweetened or unsweetened. Obviously, the sweetened will be, well, sweeter!
- semi-sweet chocolate chip cookies – chocolate chunks are visually appealing, too
- Mild olive oil (or any vegetable oil)
- 2 eggs – if you can swing it, have these at room temperature, which is what I use for almost all my dessert recipes
- vanilla extract
How to make German Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
Step 1: In a large bowl, whisk together your cake mix, chopped pecans, flaked coconut, and semi-sweet chocolate chips. Mix until all combined. You don’t even have to get out the stand mixer for this recipe, it can all be incorporated by hand.
Step 2: Add your wet ingredients – oil, eggs and vanilla extract
Step 3: Mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
Step 4: Scoop onto cookie sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes. Let them cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes before removing them to a cookie rack to cool completely.
I think these cookies stand on their own, without the need for coconut pecan frosting like you’d find in a regular cake.
What do you think?
Other cookie recipes you’ll love:
- No Roll Sugar Cookies
- Amaretto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Old Fashioned Gingersnap Cookies
- Pumpkin Pie Spice Cake Mix Cookies
- Easy Brownie Mix Cookies
I hope you’ll give these German chocolate cookies a try…it may be your new favorite baking recipe!
And if you love coconut, be sure to try my oatmeal coconut cookies!
Leave a recipe review or comment when you make these German Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies. I’d love to hear from you!
- 1 box (15.25 oz.) German Chocolate Cake Mix (I used Betty Crocker Super Moist German Chocolate Cake Mix)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chip cookies
- ½ cup olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your cake mix, chopped pecans, flaked coconut, and semi-sweet chocolate chips. Mix until all combined.
- Add oil, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Mix until the flour mixture is all incorporated. You can use a wooden spoon to do this or the paddle attachment on your stand mixer.
- Use a cookie scoop (I used my medium sized, 1 1/2 Tablespoon scoop) and scoop the dough into balls. Place scoops on your prepared cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes until sides are set.
Let your cookies cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 111Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 24mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 1g