This Simple Broiled Haddock recipe is cooked with simple ingredients and topped with a flavorful fresh tomato and basil mixture. This entire meal is ready in under 20 minutes making it an easy weeknight dinner!
If you're looking for a simple to prepare and healthy fish entree, you've met your match! I usually spend part of my Lenten season dreaming up ways to cook fish and thinking of recipes without using meat.
This fish recipe will be easy to remember, this year!
How to Cook Haddock in a Pan
I don't know about you but for the first 30 years of my life, the whole concept of broiling had me downright baffled.
I have since learned that broiling makes the heat emerge from the top of the oven and is a great tool for cooking fish! Think of it like an upside down grill, if you will.
Preheat your oven to broil and put the oven baking rack on the top level or two. You want the pan to be four to five inches from the broiler element.
In the meantime, grab a baking pan.
I like to line my rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper for easy clean up. You can spray the pan with cooking spray if you like.
Put the haddock filets on the sheet and brush with olive oil. Don't skip this step or you'll have dry, tasteless fish!
Sprinkle parmesan cheese over all the fish. Give a little food love with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
Add the seasoned pan of fish and broil for 6-8 minutes or just until the fish starts to get a golden color. Remove from the oven and set aside.
While the haddock broils, grab a medium sized bowl. Toss the tomatoes and basil with the remaining oil, salt & pepper. Set aside.
Plate the broiled haddock and top with the tomato basil mixture.
It doesn't get more simple than that!
What to serve with broiled haddock
This recipe would be lovely along side some crusty bread, low carb cauliflower mash or Instant Pot Wild Rice Pilaf.
Is broiled haddock healthy?
Yes, it is. Haddock is low in saturated fat and high in protein, and has omega-3 fatty acids.
Other fish recipes you'll enjoy
Broiled Haddock with Parmesan, Tomatoes & Basil
Simple Broiled Haddock is cooked with simple ingredients and topped with a flavorful fresh tomato and basil mixture. This entire meal is ready in under 20 minutes!
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 6- oz. haddock fillets
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 4 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Optional: salt and black pepper
- Lemon wedges on the side; for garnish
- Preheat your oven to broil and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with a piece of aluminum foil.
- Arrange haddock filets on baking sheet and brush with a tablespoon of olive oil before sprinkling with the Parmesan cheese. Lightly season each filet with salt and black pepper, if desired.
- Place in pre-heated oven and broil for 6-8 minutes or just until the fish is golden brown on top and flakes easily with a fork. Remove from oven and set aside.
- While the fish broils, toss the tomatoes and basil with the remaining olive oil and season with salt and black pepper, as desired. Set aside.
- Transfer fish to individual serving plates and top each filet with an equal portion of the tomato-basil mixture before serving.
*Cod filets can be substituted for the haddock.
Add a pinch of cayenne pepper if you like a little spice!
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 213Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 4gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 458mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 20g
Leave a Reply