Bacon quesadillas are a cheesy, slightly spicy main dish or hearty appetizer. Pull the ingredients from your fridge and pantry and get cooking!
Quesadillas are one of the meals that our entire family loves, because every single person can customize them to their liking.
We only have one rule in the house - the filling MUST contain cheese, and LOTS of it. Otherwise, why bother.
Because let's face it, cheese is the glue that holds all delicious foods together. Like nachos, grilled cheese, mac and cheese....
And bacon quesadillas, of course.
Quesadillas are also an awesome go-to for busy families on the go. Raise your hand if you're one of them!
These bad boys can be assembled, cooked and devoured in minutes making them perfect for situations when you're walking in the door after a ball game, or if you need to run a quick dinner to the field.
Heck, they're ready faster than cooking a frozen pizza - and really don't require any more effort.
Bacon is one of those ingredients I gravitate to when I need a big dose of flavor. And a little bacon goes a long way.
For this recipe, we're using eight slices of it.
I highly suggest you make a batch of bacon in the oven and save the leftovers in our freezer. Making bacon like this is just one way you can save big time in the kitchen!
Cut your bacon into bite sized pieces. Sprinkle the bacon and shredded cheese on one half of the tortillas.
Add green chiles for a very mild heat. I happen to love this, but if it's not your thing, then leave it out.
Heat a pan over medium to medium high heat. Add the quesadilla, cook it until it's lightly toasted and give it a flip!
Repeat with all the quesadillas, then slice into wedges.
I like to serve my quesadillas with sour cream or Greek yogurt, salsa and black olives.
Oh, and guacamole if I happen to have that on hand.
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 8 slices cooked bacon
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces diced green chiles
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Top four of the tortillas with shredded cheddar, cheese and a portion of the green chiles.
- Top with remaining four tortillas.
- Add one tortilla "sandwich" to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes, until the bottom is toasted and the cheese is melted. Flip and cook the other side for 1-2 minutes.
- Repeat for the remaining assemble quesadillas.
- Slice into wedges and serve with sliced black olives, sour cream, and salsa.
Bacon quesadillas are something I would totally serve as a field meal.
Corn field, bean field, ball field....you name it!
If you want more field meal ideas you'll love these ideas!
Shared on Meal Plan Monday