I'm going to keep this post about Honey Sesame Chicken short and sweet! Because that's what this recipe is, it's sweet, unauthentic Chinese style food and I'm betting fifty bucks your family will love it!
Seriously, if a two year old is asking for more, you know it's gotta be good!
Throw everything into the slow cooker and for the raw chicken squeamish (yes, sister, I'm talking to you!) the chicken is cut up after it's cooked.
There's nothing but love for this recipe in our house. The red pepper gives just a little bit of spice to counter the sweetness. Serve over brown or white rice, and keep this one in the front of your recipe book!
This also freezes well, just assemble in a gallon sized bag and dump in the contents when you're ready.
Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken
Easy to prepare, freezer friendly and a hit with the whole family!
- 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, can use chicken thighs if you prefer
- ¾ cup honey
- ½ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 T cornstarch
- sesame seeds, optional
- Add all ingredients EXCEPT cornstarch and sesame seeds to a slow cooker. Cook on low for 3-4 hours or high for 1.5-2 hours or until chicken reaches a temperature of 165 degrees.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker. Increase heat to high and whisk in cornstarch. Allow to cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Return chicken to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Serve over rice and sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired.
TO MAKE AS A FREEZER MEAL -
- Combine all ingredients through pepper in a freezer bag. Remove excess air and freeze. Thaw in refrigerator overnight. Cook as instructed above.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Leave a Reply