- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 tsp jarred minced garlic
- 1 8- ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
- 8 soft corn tortillas
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar OR colby jack cheese divided
- Optional – black olives and sour cream for topping
In a medium sized bowl combine all ingredients except tortillas, chicken broth and cheese. Stir to combine, making sure to mix the spices into the mixture. Spray a round slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
Spread half the chicken mixture in the pot. Top with 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese and 4 flour tortillas. Repeat another layer.
Pour chicken broth on top, then top with remaining cheese.
Cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 3-4 hours. Let stand 10-15 minutes before serving.
Calories: 364kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 102mg | Sodium: 858mg | Potassium: 716mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 707IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 255mg | Iron: 2mg
Follow me on Pinterest at @ifeedfarmers or save this recipe for later by using the Pin button at the top of this recipe!