- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 tsp jarred minced garlic
- 1 8- ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 8 soft corn tortillas
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar OR colby jack cheese, divided
- Optional - black olives and sour cream, for topping
- In a medium sized bowl combine all ingredients except tortillas, chicken broth and cheese. Stir to combine, making sure to mix the spices into the mixture. Spray a round slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread half the chicken mixture in the pot. Top with 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese and 4 flour tortillas. Repeat another layer.
- Pour chicken broth on top, then top with remaining cheese.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 3-4 hours. Let stand 10-15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 364Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 7gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 102mgSodium 858mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 3gSugar 3gProtein 35g