Hello Friends of This Farm Girl Cooks! It’s my blogiversary week! One year ago this week I started this blog, without really knowing what I was doing. Some days, I still don’t know but I keep on moving forward, and that’s what’s important, right?
Thank YOU for following along with me the past year. Here are just a milestones from the past 365.
- I turned the big 40! It’s not so bad after all!
- Writing on This Farm Girl Cooks has caused me to come out of my shell. I’ve done things that are incredibly uncomfortable for me (hello, Facebook Live!). I’ve put myself out there and received so much in return!
I had two posts go viral, like this Happy Meal Grownups that reached over 3 MILLION people. Say WHAT???
Also, my post about Mother’s Day that struck the hearts of many. (Apparently it ticked a few people off too, but what can I say?? You can’t make everyone happy.
- I’ve “met” tons of wonderful people! In person, at conference, at the store, or virtually through social media, I have been connecting people who eat (ummm, that’s everyone) and want a taste of the farm life. It’s awesome!
- Since I started This Farm Girl Cooks, I began training as a farmer. I drove a grain cart and worked ground for the first time. The encouragement I received from people here has been downright awesome!
- I’ve met other bloggers who have become friends. Some I’ve met and some I haven’t met. Being way out here in rural America, it’s wonderful to have a support group of people from coast to coast!
Here’s a message for YOU!
Thanks for following along and I look forward to another year of simple recipes and stories from our farm.